DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Returned to my Bionic!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I came from the Galaxy S to the Bionic. I actually upgraded to the Bionic because it was being discontinued and was free ($30 upgrade fee of course). I also wanted to keep my unlimited plan on a 4g phone. It was a major upgrade even with Gingerbread on it. My wife ended up getting the same phone and she loves it and isn't very techy. ICS brought this phone to a whole new level. The icing on the cake for me is the lapdock. It's a shame the lapdocks were discontinued but at $300 they were never priced to succeed. I'm quite pleased with the Bionic and I'm looking forward to Jellybean.

On another note, The galaxy S was the best phone I owned before this one. Before that I came from BB Storm. The Storm was an upgrade to older BB phones but the OS was very buggy. I was pleased with the Galaxy S even on Eclair after the BB. Froyo was a nice upgrade and the G-Bread so the Galaxy S kept improving.

I intend to hold onto the Bionic for as long as possible or if it becomes obsolete because of newer technology. At this time, there really isn't anything else I would want if I could have it.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    [QUOTE=jkensing;2369713 ICS brought this phone to a whole new level.[/QUOTE]

Gingerbread was OKAY, but ICS and Jellybean on this phone brought out its potential, without a doubt. Wait til you see Jellybean, the roms I've used are even smoother. I don't like going back to ICS sometimes, and that says a lot.
    jkensing likes this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto X

Re: Returned to my Bionic!!

Quote Originally Posted by jkensing View Post

I intend to hold onto the Bionic for as long as possible or if it becomes obsolete because of newer technology. At this time, there really isn't anything else I would want if I could have it.
    I'm doing exactly this. My next phone needs to be one helluva beast because the bionic does everything I need out of a phone. I know that after I upgrade, the bionic will always hold a special place for me

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    S 4
    I have yet to see a new phone that makes me want to upgrade or think that the Bionic is old tech, it does everything I need it to and I can still swap out the battery.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid 1
    Nice to see the Bionic finally getting some love!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    What roms are tall running? Just curious.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogMP View Post
    I'm on stock ICS right now, but I usually stay on speedlite aokp. Just installed eclipse in a new slot, but I've been busy and haven't had time to set it up and give it a shot. So, I'm on stock til I get time tomorrow or so.

Jellybean is smooooth, puts ICS to shame, and that says a LOT imo. But, I like to have a camera every so often, so I'm back and forth constantly.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezdude87 View Post

I'm on stock ICS right now, but I usually stay on speedlite aokp. Just installed eclipse in a new slot, but I've been busy and haven't had time to set it up and give it a shot. So, I'm on stock til I get time tomorrow or so.

Jellybean is smooooth, puts ICS to shame, and that says a LOT imo. But, I like to have a camera every so often, so I'm back and forth constantly.
    Ya I've tried the jb roms too. My favorite is eclipse. That's the rom I'm on now. I get a full day on one charge standard battery
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    Seems like a good thread for this question.... I have a upgrade available; do I wait it out out get one of Verizon's new phones that they have? I don't know what they have coming up or whatever but Motorola has been good to me. Whatever I switch to has to be rootable and ROMs available as well...

Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher

Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto X

Re: Returned to my Bionic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogMP View Post
    Got cyanogen mod 10.1 in slot 1,which I don't use daily, just to play around for fun every now and then. My daily driver is eclipse 1.2.1. Solid rom, love the black, everything works. Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by jcwilliams View Post
    Seems like a good thread for this question.... I have a upgrade available; do I wait it out out get one of Verizon's new phones that they have? I don't know what they have coming up or whatever but Motorola has been good to me. Whatever I switch to has to be rootable and ROMs available as well...
    I also have mine available but am waiting. If what all the press are saying turns true, phone coming this year will be beast. I'm holding out till Verizon gets something that blows me away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links