DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: With New OS Cannot Edit Contacts

  1. Junior Droid
    scrapser's Avatar
    Member #
    222611
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Bionic
    #1

    With New OS Cannot Edit Contacts

    My phone was automatically upgraded a couple months ago and I have not had to edit any contacts until now. But I can't. I spent an hour doing what I believe most people would expect to do. Select People, select the contact to be edited, select Edit. But all I get for options is to "Join" or "Discard". If anyone knows the secret can you please help. If the author of this software reads this, by all means please share your wisdom.

    I for one am really getting sick of all this whoo-boy exciting technology we must all own or die without. I think I'd rather die if this crap is any indication of what the future holds in store. I think this whole "mobile tech" market has become a runaway train driven by the bulk of people who have no capacity whatsoever for critical thinking. It simply sucks.

    Yes, I am angry and fed up.

    Thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    mattjenn's Avatar
    Member #
    255515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    282
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    GNEX - Droid Bionic - Droid 4
    #2
    If you are on the page that says join or discard when you hit menu button then that's the screen you edit from. Should be a button that says add another field then choose email phone etc.
  4. Junior Droid
    scrapser's Avatar
    Member #
    222611
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Bionic
    #3
    There is nothing on that page except Cancel and Save at the top. Hitting the illuminated button at the bottom left that looks like 4 squares with one filled in only toggles the popup that shows Join and Discard. I have nothing else.
  5. Master Droid
    mattjenn's Avatar
    Member #
    255515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    282
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    GNEX - Droid Bionic - Droid 4
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapser View Post
    There is nothing on that page except Cancel and Save at the top. Hitting the illuminated button at the bottom left that looks like 4 squares with one filled in only toggles the popup that shows Join and Discard. I have nothing else.
    Is it a Facebook contact if so you can't edit Facebook contacts you would have to create another contact for that person and join it together with Facebook contact
  6. Junior Droid
    scrapser's Avatar
    Member #
    222611
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Bionic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjenn View Post
    Is it a Facebook contact if so you can't edit Facebook contacts you would have to create another contact for that person and join it together with Facebook contact
    No it's originally from my Yahoo email list. When the new OS was forced on my device, it not only reset all my settings to factory defaults...it also wiped out my phone and email contacts (a very nice feature). That, coupled with the bizarre behavior of my gMail email address caused me to have to go through all sorts of hoops to recover.

    Now, if you're going to tell me I can't edit these entries because they came from Yahoo then that is the last straw. This is my first and probably my last smartphone. I have 9 months to go on my contract before I drop kick this thing out the window. It has been nothing but hell since I bought it. The whole smartphone industry is the biggest ruse put on the general public since Orson Welles did the "War of the Worlds" hoax on the radio. Ninety percent of the crap you have to put up with is junk you rarely if ever will need or use but you cannot remove it from the phone without unlocking it and voiding your warranty. But most people just bend over and beg for more which is why we are in this fix to begin with. It really sucks.

    Editted to add: Well, I just tried adding the same contact to my list and entering the same information plus the phone number I wanted to add that started me down this road. It turns out the contacts from Yahoo are all read-only and I can't remove the extra listing...only hide it. Who the hell thinks up all this BS? Man I can't wait to put this thing out of my misery.
    Last edited by scrapser; 12-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Hiker5208's Avatar
    Member #
    52830
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #6
    I use an app called Contact Editor Free. When you go to edit the contact you will get the option to use it. You can set it as default to use as well.
  8. Master Droid
    mattjenn's Avatar
    Member #
    255515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    282
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    GNEX - Droid Bionic - Droid 4
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapser View Post

    No it's originally from my Yahoo email list. When the new OS was forced on my device, it not only reset all my settings to factory defaults...it also wiped out my phone and email contacts (a very nice feature). That, coupled with the bizarre behavior of my gMail email address caused me to have to go through all sorts of hoops to recover.

    Now, if you're going to tell me I can't edit these entries because they came from Yahoo then that is the last straw. This is my first and probably my last smartphone. I have 9 months to go on my contract before I drop kick this thing out the window. It has been nothing but hell since I bought it. The whole smartphone industry is the biggest ruse put on the general public since Orson Welles did the "War of the Worlds" hoax on the radio. Ninety percent of the crap you have to put up with is junk you rarely if ever will need or use but you cannot remove it from the phone without unlocking it and voiding your warranty. But most people just bend over and beg for more which is why we are in this fix to begin with. It really sucks.

    Editted to add: Well, I just tried adding the same contact to my list and entering the same information plus the phone number I wanted to add that started me down this road. It turns out the contacts from Yahoo are all read-only and I can't remove the extra listing...only hide it. Who the hell thinks up all this BS? Man I can't wait to put this thing out of my misery.
    If its that bad and you hate it so much go to Verizon and downgrade your plan to a feature phone you can change your plan even if its in middle of your contract. I didn't have any of these issues you had when I upgraded the os on mine so I don't think I can get whole understanding of what you went through.
  9. Junior Droid
    andiguy's Avatar
    Member #
    314793
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Bionic
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjenn View Post
    If its that bad and you hate it so much go to Verizon and downgrade your plan to a feature phone you can change your plan even if its in middle of your contract. I didn't have any of these issues you had when I upgraded the os on mine so I don't think I can get whole understanding of what you went through.
    I agree. The OP is clearly frustrated and experiencing things he can't resolve. Others are not having his issues and it sounds like he should get a feature phone. My Bionic experience has been great and I love the phone.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Can't edit Contacts
    By pattom12 in forum Droid Bionic Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 12:10 PM
  3. Can't edit contacts
    By alex21 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 01:51 PM
  4. Better way to edit contacts?
    By Stevelord in forum Motorola Droid 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
  5. How to Edit Contacts
    By Waltsm53 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 06:38 AM

Search tags for this page

bionic can't edit contacts
,
can't edit contacts on bionic stored in motorola
,
cannot edit contacts bionic
,
droid bionicc cant delete or edit contact
,
how to delete a contact on motorola smartphone
,
how to edit contact on droid bionic
,
how to edit contacts on a motorola smartphone
,

how to edit contacts on droid bionic

,
i can't add a contact to my homepage on my droid bionic
,
motorola bionic can't edit contacts
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+