DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bionic, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Beautiful Widgets .............. oh my.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR - LG G2
    The widgets disappeared. I tried reinstalling them, but all I get is a BW widget, which when tapped says if this field is blank (which it is) reinstall your widget. It says swipe the logo from left to right for the menu, but I can't get it to swipe.
  2. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    What I'm finding odd is that the clouds appear at times on my homescreen or when I open an app. Sometimes it's just a flash, but other times it's for several seconds. Another bug for them to fix.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4, Droid Bionic
    If you can't find your widget.... make sure that BW is installed on the phone and NOT on the ext SD Card.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

No menu showing

Quote Originally Posted by eshef View Post
    I can't get BW to function now. I've uninstalled, rebooted, a number of times, but I can't get the menu to show. I swipe and swipe and no menu. Obviously I'm doing something wrong Any hints?
    If by "no menu showing" you're referring to the Widgets menu that used to be found by tapping the home screen, Verizon moved it. Mine changed when my iOS was updated. That's a Verizon issue not BW. Hit the apps button At the top of the screen you'll see "all apps" then to the right you'll see "widgets."

Tap widgets and you'll see all the current widgets you have stored on your phone.

If you have BW installed, you'll see available themes listed in this area. If no themes show up, then you have to download some. There are some themes no longer supported by BW.

However, I found a couple that were so similar and these are customizable so that I have one that's even better than the one I had before.

Everyone's screaming about having to finding new themes, but it's pretty easy to find a new theme and customize it. Find a new theme that mimics your old one, then customize it The way you want it too look. I went with the 4x2 size and made the background transparent, tapping the weather opens weather, my date opens my Calengoogle and my time opens the BW widget I like the new changes, but was definitely frustrating to figure out where the bloody widgets menu went too.

Change is always difficult, and when you get a new iOS and/or a new phone there's always a new learning curve. Frustrating yes, but once you get it right, you'll probably think, how was I ever living with that old version. At least that's how I'm feeling right now. Hope this helps.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR - LG G2
    Thank you, Kscearse, but I didn't mean that menu. I tried to download some themes, but BW came up you don't have any widgets to support that theme. When I tap on the BW widget that I can put on the screen, I get a home screen. this tells me to swipe the BW logo in the top bar to the right to see the menu. That's where I'm having a problem, it won't swipe. If you tap it, a screen appears to left where I can get themes, but since I can't figure out how to get the widgets to support the themes.... The page for widgets "that I have" is empty and directs me to download them Call me Yossarian!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Gotta love the Android community. I found the answer in a similar post and now have Beautiful Widgets working again, albeit with a different clock because I haven't had the time to go through every option. Will have more time tomorrow to go through them to see if it's still offered (the numbers were in droid style, and i love the transparent background).

Keep on rockin' gang. Thanks again............
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR - LG G2
    Would you like to share where you found the answer?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I found it here: Beaut Widgets update, where did the transparent clock/weather home go?

Specifically the last entry in the thread. It's kind of wacky to get into the settings. It was also mentioned above. Go to the BW app, then grab the left edge of the logo (located in upper left of screen) and drag it to the right to open up the settings menu. It only slides over about 2/3 of the way. Bizarre, but you can get into both the clock and weather skins from there and make your changes. Good luck.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR - LG G2
    Thanks. I got that part and how to get into the skins. My problem is that I can't figure out how to add widgets! The home page says first add widgets, then configure them, and I can't add them!!(Can we say feeling really stupid! Obviously it's not that hard, but I can't figure it out)
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545)
    Quote Originally Posted by eshef View Post
    Thanks. I got that part and how to get into the skins. My problem is that I can't figure out how to add widgets! The home page says first add widgets, then configure them, and I can't add them!!(Can we say feeling really stupid! Obviously it's not that hard, but I can't figure it out)
    Press and hold on your homescreen. Select widgets>BW....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links