FINALLY! The ICS update bionic users have been waiting since the phone debuted last year is here. As time progresses, there are many trade offs that I have acknowledge with the new update. I'll state my PROs and CONs, and hopefully many of you will also post your own experiences.
- sleek new skin interface - easier to drag and drop apps to home screen, lock screen is awesome! better animations on app scroll menu,
- more accessible to useful apps such as the chrome browser(able to pull my bookmarks on chrome)
- Have not had a 4G cell drop AT ALL. (YET and crossing my fingers). Phone is running significantly more smoothly on data.
- smart actions - i actually think this is quite useful, but have not used it yet.
- face unlock seems cool.
- developer tools would seem cool if i were a developer.
These are just some of my thoughts, hopefully others can find more pros and cons and add them to the list!
- Noticing battery dying significantly faster. Phone does not last the whole day anymore.
- Can't use tethering with easy tether.
- Adobe FLASH incompatibilities with chrome browser. stock browser has flash but its not reliable as it once was before the ICS update.
- USB connectivity modes have gone down. mount as Disk drive and charge only are gone.
The most significant for me is the 4g consistency, which in fact is one of the most essential things in having a phone. Finally glad it was fixed, but as what cost? One year of hell trying to operate the phone knowing that inevitably it was going to crash. (I live in the SF Bay area, with full 4G coverage). I really should have known better, with all the complications the phone had - delaying its deployment date. Nevertheless, this seems to be the phone the original droid bionic users like me, seemed to be waiting for.