DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Have leaked ICS on rooted bionic. Cannot get OTA update to .246?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Android

Have leaked ICS on rooted bionic. Cannot get OTA update to .246?

So, I updated to the leaked ICS several months ago (using cheesecake.apk) and have system version 6.7.232.xt875, Android version 4.0.4, build number 6.7.2-223_dbn_m4-9. I used to get the message "check or updates not available" so I did a system reset. Now I get the message "your system is up to date". Has the OTA update just not reached CA yet or am I missing something else? Do I need to downgrade back to GB? I don't have a backup of the original system as the upgrade via cheesecake apparently didn't do that. Also, I have safeboot installed. I have tried using RDSlite, but for some reason it doesn't see my phone (and I have the most recent drivers installed).
    Motorola Droid 1
    ChevyNo1 SS v5.4
    Kernel 2.6.32-lowV-1.0Ghz-ChevyNo1

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic

Re: Have leaked ICS on rooted bionic. Cannot get OTA update to .246?

Have to be on 905 to get the ota. You will either have to rsd to 905 or Google house of bionic and read instructions

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrobinson View Post
    So, I updated to the leaked ICS several months ago (using cheesecake.apk) and have system version 6.7.232.xt875, Android version 4.0.4, build number 6.7.2-223_dbn_m4-9. I used to get the message "check or updates not available" so I did a system reset. Now I get the message "your system is up to date". Has the OTA update just not reached CA yet or am I missing something else? Do I need to downgrade back to GB? I don't have a backup of the original system as the upgrade via cheesecake apparently didn't do that. Also, I have safeboot installed. I have tried using RDSlite, but for some reason it doesn't see my phone (and I have the most recent drivers installed).
    If you want the OTA you need to FXZ back to GB .905.. Or you can use HOB and just install .246 that way.. But either way you're gonna need your phone to be recognized through USB so make sure your using the factory cable that came with the phone and try a different USB port or different comp

**Ive always held out on adding a donate link because this is just something i do for enjoyment.. but ive received a few requests to add one.. so if you enjoy my work, and would like to buy me a beer or help put some gas in my car, that would be awesome! but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED! Thanks**
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Haha.. Sorry Craze, your post wasn't there when I started the reply.. You beat me to it

**Ive always held out on adding a donate link because this is just something i do for enjoyment.. but ive received a few requests to add one.. so if you enjoy my work, and would like to buy me a beer or help put some gas in my car, that would be awesome! but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED! Thanks**
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    I am surprised that if you used cheesecake to get the update that you didn't know that you needed to be on the last official release in order to get the OTA......

HoB with save data option is the best way, but be aware that unless you have a completely unique problem you will NOT get individual support. Sam has an extensive FAQ that covers everything that has come up thusfar and does not have the time to handhold. Read thoroughly before flashing.
    jayrod and mamawm like this.
    Moto X DEV / N5 / Moto G / Galaxy S4 Dev / Galaxy S4 / Razr HD Dev / HTC One MAX / HTC EVO on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Bionic / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Iconia Win 8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7 / Asus TF300 / Galaxy Tab 2 / Iconia Tab A500
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by livinginkaos View Post
    I am surprised that if you used cheesecake to get the update that you didn't know that you needed to be on the last official release in order to get the OTA......

HoB with save data option is the best way, but be aware that unless you have a completely unique problem you will NOT get individual support. Sam has an extensive FAQ that covers everything that has come up thusfar and does not have the time to handhold. Read thoroughly before flashing.
    This surprises you Kaos? Doesn't surprise me one bit...yet another example of people just blindly flashing stuff without actually learning anything beforehand. Personally, when i first got into rooting/flashing roms/etc.. a couple of years ago...I made absolutely sure I knew how to recover before I worried about doing anything else.

No wonder Sam gets so aggravated!
    SamuriHL, jayman350 and mamawm like this.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Quote Originally Posted by nateohio View Post
    This surprises you Kaos? Doesn't surprise me one bit...yet another example of people just blindly flashing stuff without actually learning anything beforehand. Personally, when i first got into rooting/flashing roms/etc.. a couple of years ago...I made absolutely sure I knew how to recover before I worried about doing anything else.

No wonder Sam gets so aggravated!
    That's why I thought it important to mention the no support aspect. I see too many people just guiding the lost to HoB. It was never meant for that. I guess if for no other reason, cheesecake not working on ICS is good for this.
    Moto X DEV / N5 / Moto G / Galaxy S4 Dev / Galaxy S4 / Razr HD Dev / HTC One MAX / HTC EVO on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Bionic / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Iconia Win 8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7 / Asus TF300 / Galaxy Tab 2 / Iconia Tab A500
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Android
    I've been playing around with it a bit and I can get RDS to see the phone when I connect it in BP SDF flash mode, but not AP fastboot. I then tried flashing the update I downloaded and it fails for not being able to switch to AP fastboot. I'm not sure I want to try the HoB method as it is pretty lengthy and appears to be a custom rom(?). I may be wrong there, but that is how it reads.
    Motorola Droid 1
    ChevyNo1 SS v5.4
    Kernel 2.6.32-lowV-1.0Ghz-ChevyNo1
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I've been playing around with it a bit and I can get RDS to see the phone when I connect it in BP SDF flash mode, but not AP fastboot. I then tried flashing the update I downloaded and it fails for not being able to switch to AP fastboot. I'm not sure I want to try the HoB method as it is pretty lengthy and appears to be a custom rom(?). I may be wrong there, but that is how it reads.
    Hahaha..The HoB is not a lengthy process...it's been coded to work very well with only the user following the on screen prompts. Take a look at the HoB thread and the FAQ thread. The HoB install comes with both of those . Just make sure you read what files you need and the "What if this happens" stuff prior to flashing so you will know what to expect.

Devices: Droid Bionic,OG RAZR,RAZR M, Galaxy S4
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Please for the love of God, do NOT use my product. I already don't like where that's headed. Find another solution.
    livinginkaos, Bfp and BePrepared like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links