DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still can't update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

still can't update

I receive update not available when I try to update. Is ics still not out to everyone?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Had you modified your phone at all prior? You should have been able to pull it.
    Moto X DEV / N5 / Moto G / Galaxy S4 Dev / Galaxy S4 / Razr HD Dev / HTC One MAX / HTC EVO on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Bionic / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Iconia Win 8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7 / Asus TF300 / Galaxy Tab 2 / Iconia Tab A500
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    No everything is factory. Both my wife and I lost all 4G about 4 months ago, don't know if that might have something to do with it.
  5. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    OK, there may be a problem if you only get the "Check for update not available at this time. Try again later." message. You should be getting "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time."

You can install the update manually, if you want to. A good thing is to temporally move your music, pictures and videos to your PC as the updating of media files can take hours if you have a lot.

Another thing you might try is to power down, remove the battery and sim card. Then replace the battery only and power up all the way. Next power down replace the sim card (you'll have to remove the battery temporally in order to do that) and power back up.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Okay just tried the sim card trick...nothing. I'm assuming I'll have to do it manually? If so I have no idea how to do that.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Have you tried pulling connected to wifi with the same result? If so, you can try a couple of different things. I would start with pulling battery- pull sim - wait a minute, plug all back in and power it on. Once fully connected to the network try again.

You lost 4g- so is the service not in your current area, or your phone just doesn't connect to it any more? If the above doesn't work, I would try an FDR next. If that doesn't go, you may have to go a little more creative.
    Moto X DEV / N5 / Moto G / Galaxy S4 Dev / Galaxy S4 / Razr HD Dev / HTC One MAX / HTC EVO on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Bionic / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Iconia Win 8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7 / Asus TF300 / Galaxy Tab 2 / Iconia Tab A500
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Have 4G in area just can't connect to it. I have tried with wifi and same result. If I do FDR I just lose installed apps correct?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Quote Originally Posted by diddy33 View Post
    Have 4G in area just can't connect to it. I have tried with wifi and same result. If I do FDR I just lose installed apps correct?
    Yep. BTW you are on system version 905, correct? Also as aaf709 questioned, which message are you getting?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Im getting check for update not available at this time try again later. I'm assuming I'm on 905. How do I check that? Settings about phone then where?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Quote Originally Posted by diddy33 View Post
    Im getting check for update not available at this time try again later. I'm assuming I'm on 905. How do I check that? Settings about phone then where?
    System Version - with that message, your phone is not connecting to the servers. Have you tried on wifi?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links