DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ICS lag

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

ICS lag

I have had ICS installed now for 30+ hours and the lag is ridiculous. Opening apps takes forever! I feel like I am on my Droid 1 again! And yes I Factory reset and wiped cache...twice. But hey at least I have 4G again. So now I can sit around and wait for 20 seconds after pushing a button for it to do something. I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by brunla View Post
    I have had ICS installed now for 30+ hours and the lag is ridiculous. Opening apps takes forever! I feel like I am on my Droid 1 again! And yes I Factory reset and wiped cache...twice. But hey at least I have 4G again. So now I can sit around and wait for 20 seconds after pushing a button for it to do something. I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.
    Just curious, how waas you Bonic configured? Ever ROM'd or rooted? I applied the ota to a totally stock Bionic. I have been running for about 22 hours now, have noticed no screen transition or app lag at all. Only thing I have noticed is that my battery life is slightly worse. Will likely play with some Smart Actions to see if I can impact that, otherwise I can live with it. Running so well, that I have delayed buyng a Samsung G3 and will wait for the G4
    intmd8r likes this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My bionic is very responsive after ics. My battery life is the same or a bit better. I've had ics since yesterday morning and I'm very pleased.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by brunla View Post
    I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.
    Because they like smaller screens, inferior hardware, and being locked down by Apple's restrictive interface?

But in all seriousness, you shouldn't be having issues with it. You installed it via the OTA?
    intmd8r likes this.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Bionic
    Noticing the same thing when opening facebook slacker, and kindle. Used HOB 247 ICS. Did fresh install as well.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You may also want to install something like 'OS monitor' to see if you have a process that is taking most of the CPU
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Never rom'd or rooted. Just bizarre how some people have major issues with this phone and others do not. Same phone, same hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by bluezdawg View Post
    Just curious, how waas you Bonic configured? Ever ROM'd or rooted? I applied the ota to a totally stock Bionic. I have been running for about 22 hours now, have noticed no screen transition or app lag at all. Only thing I have noticed is that my battery life is slightly worse. Will likely play with some Smart Actions to see if I can impact that, otherwise I can live with it. Running so well, that I have delayed buyng a Samsung G3 and will wait for the G4
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I also experience pretty bad lag. Not all the time but when it happens it's very bad.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid 1
    I'm also having trouble opening aps. Facebook and especially the Droid Forum! Seems to hang up our take forever. Haven't tried many others. But I am getting a great 4G signal, which
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Android Bionic
    I have lag and redraws too.. I'm trying different things. The Droid community, no doubt in my mind, will figure it out eventually, if I am yet unsuccessful. Take a look at the developer tools in the menu section..might be something to tweak there.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links