DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ICS lag

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod Bionic

Re: ICS lag

Considering the phone now is using 2 processors instead of one for gb it should have less lag but until I reduced the background processes it was definitely lagging. I have set it for 4 background processes now and it is still ok.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

Thanks.... brunla, yeah!

At last my phone works right again! It has been a horrible experience until now. My cell was rooted and I lost that as a result of the ICS upgrade. Are there any cautions concerning rooting the Bionic now that this upgrade is in place? What process is recommended? I want to use Titanium to backup my phone then do a hard reset so I can redo the upgrade on a factory condition phone. Advice will be eagerly accepted.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    i was getting alot of lag too, so i did a factory reset, and the phone is amazing now. i def recommend doing that if you have any lag at all.
    Bionic + extended battery = whoop a$$
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    I've done two factory resets and followed everything above. I still have slight lag. I went to the Verizon store yesterday to test ICS on different phones, and there is absolutely no lag on the S3 or Razr Maxx HD. I'm pretty disappointed with this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidFarmerBill View Post
    i was getting alot of lag too, so i did a factory reset, and the phone is amazing now. i def recommend doing that if you have any lag at all.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I just wanted to chime in here, I own 3 Bionics (mine, wife's and one spare that needed a new screen) and I did a full reinstall of 905 via RSDLite before taking the update. All phones are very responsive and are running much more smoothly then GB 905. I don't have all the apps and crap I had installed when on GB so it is always possible that certain apps don't work well with ICS. From my experience ICS OTA has been a major improvement on the Bionic. Now I need to root and my mobile hotspot back again ;-)
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by brunla View Post
    Found a fix! Please go to settings>developers options>transition animation scale and turn it off or .5. Same thing with windows scale.
    The phone is now working properly and speedy. HUGE difference!
    What exactly would "transition animation scale" mean?
    I wasn't sure what the "window animation scale" until I tried 10x and saw effect.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by dihtn View Post
    Mine was running horribly slow after the ICS update. I finally did a factory reset last night. Huge difference. It is not lagging at all any more.
    Factory result. What portions of memory actually get blown away.. all the internal 16GB that is not core OS?
    I'm gunshy to to the reset. What about data files that app's put on the phone. aren't those wiped out.

I wish there was a junk cleaner. As I search throw folders i see so much "stuff" not which could be remnant from old apps.

And of course I have some games and would not really want to lose the "saved" data, especially for once that I purchased.
    Wouldnt a factory reset result in that stuff being lost?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidFarmerBill View Post
    I've done factory reset during the first few weeks when I was experimenting with the phone a year ago. Not I'm gunshy with all the apps I got installed.
    I know I've sampled hundred of other apps and I have that naggy feeling (to much MS windows in my life) of lots of remnant just laying around cluttering stuff
    up. A factory reset has some appeal as a manner to start from scratch again. Pretty sure even purchase apps from Google can be redownloaded. but what about apps that in in-app purchases. That sorta stuff, saved preferences, apps data files are likely gone right?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by brunla View Post
    I have had ICS installed now for 30+ hours and the lag is ridiculous. Opening apps takes forever! I feel like I am on my Droid 1 again! And yes I Factory reset and wiped cache...twice. But hey at least I have 4G again. So now I can sit around and wait for 20 seconds after pushing a button for it to do something. I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.

I posted on this topic few days back. This might help.

Solution to slow and sluggish phone after ICS update

I
    n case the link doesn't work:

Go to settings, developer options, make sure windows animation scale and transition animation scale is set to either .5X or Zero.
  10. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
    I've done factory reset during the first few weeks when I was experimenting with the phone a year ago. Not I'm gunshy with all the apps I got installed.
    I know I've sampled hundred of other apps and I have that naggy feeling (to much MS windows in my life) of lots of remnant just laying around cluttering stuff
    up. A factory reset has some appeal as a manner to start from scratch again. Pretty sure even purchase apps from Google can be redownloaded. but what about apps that in in-app purchases. That sorta stuff, saved preferences, apps data files are likely gone right?
    Paid apps through the Play Store can be redownloaded. Don't know about the daily free apps from Amazon. I believe you lose all your data, but not stuff like pictures.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links