DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vepaot

Thread: Titanium Backup Failure....ugh...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Titanium Backup Failure....ugh...

Hi,

I just want to rant a little bit right now. I flashed back to .902 last night from .905 in order to unroot my Bionic. Unfortunately, doing this also DELETED the Titanium Backup file. I was planning on going to ICS, re-rooting, then restoring everything from TB, but now this is completely shot. I even ended up deleting a bunch of pictures, music, etc.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I NEED TO DO TO SIMPLY BACKUP MY DEVICE PROPERLY. Why the heck did some photos get deleted, yet others remained? Why does Android insist on keeping photos and music strewn everywhere in different locations arbitrarily? Can someone please point me to a method (OTHER THAN NANDROID) that is reliable for backups and restorations, where I do not need an external PC to back up to?

I like the TB method, and I plan to use online backup of TB via Dropbox in the future...but can someone recommend a more complete solution, so that I have Photos, Apps, Music, etc backed up?

Even my contact backups are screwed up because Verizon and Google decided they both want to do the same job and give me multiple entries for almost all of my contacts. This is just absurd.

And why the HELL couldn't they come up with a better way to distinguish external and internal SD cards? Is that a joke? "sdcard" and "sdcard-ext"....COME ON!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    That's not TiBu (Titanium Backup)'s fault. Motorola designed the Bionic, for whatever reason, with an internal "SD card" partition. Once TiBu is open, hit your settings button, go to 'Preferences' and the first option under BACKUP SETTINGS is "Backup Folder Location". You'll need to change this to your "sdcard-ext" directory, because that is your true SD card. Whenever you do a factory reset or FXZ or anything like that, anything not in the "sdcard-ext" directory is going to get wiped.

Alternatively once a month I also manually copy my TiBu backups to my computer, because I'm paranoid and love file redundancy.

As for your contacts, I know how you feel. That's why I don't add them to my Gmail account anymore. The easiest way to save them is to go to Contacts or People, hit your settings button, select Import/Export, and select the "Export to Storage" option. And yes, that option will send your contact list to the "sdcard-ext" directory.

Hope this helps man!
    jcw122 likes this.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    That helps a lot, thanks for the clarification. I love Android but sometimes finding information is a huge hastle. I'll be taking those suggestions, so thanks.

Links