DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Is the zip that's been posted in another thread, Any current working links for ICS zip file?, also come from your installer?

This is the first posted that had the zip...When is official ics going to hit my phone?. Also from your installer?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I have no idea. As I said, I don't care. Get it out there for people. I won't support people who are doing it on their own. If they use the HoB, fine. If not, too bad. I'm not motorola support.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    I have no idea. As I said, I don't care. Get it out there for people. I won't support people who are doing it on their own. If they use the HoB, fine. If not, too bad. I'm not motorola support.
    Does your About Phine setting look the same as this one When is official ics going to hit my phone?
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Why wouldn't it?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Why wouldn't it?
    I don't know, it's just that there are now three different versions of this out there, the OTA, it's zip, and now another zip that came from your installer. I'm apprehensive about installing any one but the OTA, but now the anticipation is killing me...I want it now!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just downloaded it myself and installed. Install took 10 mins maby(i deleted all my music and a ton of the apps I had downloaded, including go launcher, to try and make it easier to install. It helped I think. Just did a cache clear as well as a factory reset. All went very smooth and worked perfectly! Excited to play with it.

Going through setting up settings. Everything seems to be working fine so far.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by opuntia View Post
    I don't know, it's just that there are now three different versions of this out there, the OTA, it's zip, and now another zip that came from your installer. I'm apprehensive about installing any one but the OTA, but now the anticipation is killing me...I want it now!
    NO. There are *NOT* "different versions" out there. Why do people insist on this nonsense? There is *ONE* build of 246 no matter how you install it. What's "different" is the method used to install it. That's it. The build is EXACTLY the same.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID BIONIC
    There is only one OTA 246 can't be there three versions. what you see is different file hosted.
    on rootzwiki.com Obsidians post the OTA 246
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by opuntia

Samurihl, that's exactly why I did delete the link and moved it to a new thread...because you're right, that there IS nonsense. There's going to be a million different copies of the same update, and I bet half of the people who download it are going to wonder if its the right "version" lol
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by masterautotech78 View Post
    Samurihl, that's exactly why I did delete the link and moved it to a new thread...because you're right, that there IS nonsense. There's going to be a million different copies of the same update, and I bet half of the people who download it are going to wonder if its the right "version" lol
    Oh you have no idea. If people are wondering why this irritates me so much, consider how many times I've been asked this same damn question over and over and over again about the "version" that's included in the House of Bionic. Even after I verified it personally that it's MD5 hash matches the build being pushed OTA. "But it could still be different" UM, WTF? HOW? No answer. Cause people don't get the concept of MATHEMATICALLY sound evidence. When someone says it's MD5 hash matches, that's not hyperbole for "well, it's probably similar". It means it matches 100% bit for bit. The ONLY difference is in how it gets installed. Be the HoB, directly in recovery (same method as HoB, btw), or using the automated script that installs it in recovery for you once it's downloaded OTA. All 3 use the same recovery with the same exact file. That's it. The only difference....is how you acquire the file and choose to install it. Once it's installed, I guarantee you can't tell the "difference" between one done with the HoB and one done OTA. Why? Cause there IS no difference.
Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Links