DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    We know what the build number will be, but, the engineering build hasn't shown up yet which means they haven't built it. I've been having someone check daily for it. So yea, we're not anywhere near as close as we had hoped at this point.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    We know what the build number will be, but, the engineering build hasn't shown up yet which means they haven't built it. I've been having someone check daily for it. So yea, we're not anywhere near as close as we had hoped at this point.
    Well, guess what? The beloved RAZR should be coming up against its end of support time as well, so hopefully they'll throw plans out the window for that device to get ICS as well.

EDIT: I've got a theory here. We're probably going to see the RAZR get anything that owners of the RAZR want. I am willing to bet that even if the thing is in month 22 out of an 18 month support window they will STILL be actively updating it, and their beloved "Window" won't mean a thing to that device.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 10-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I assume you meant JB since it's had ICS since July. And yea, who knows. It's possible. We don't really KNOW anything yet. It's all just guesswork at this point. We need to wait and see if the soak starts on Friday and what build it is. I'm just nervous, that's all.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308

Well, guess what? The beloved RAZR should be coming up against its end of support time as well, so hopefully they'll throw plans out the window for that device to get ICS as well.
    Huh??

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by virgil71468 View Post
    Huh??

If the Bionic is not going to receive Jelly Bean, I see know reason why RAZR owners should be privelaged and receive it, either. Both devices should be treated equally.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Here's my take on this whole debacle...

The Bionic's a nice phone and has served me well since I purchased it in March 2012.

Either of the leaks (.246/.247) work quite well and they gave me the sense of having a new phone. So, whichever is the OTA, I can and will live with that.

If Motorola sees fit to push Jelly Bean to the Bionic in the future, that's great! If they don't, it's no great loss and so be it.

I will let the rest of my contract with Verizon play out; I can upgrade in a year or so. In the mean time, I shall study ALL phone/carrier options so as to be better prepared for my next smart phone selection.

When the time comes, I may or may not stay with Motorola. I WILL be looking for a phone that is NOT locked down and a carrier that doesn't unnecessarily load up said phone with bloat.
    HoB; Bionic; Android ICS 4.0.4; 6.7.246
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClue48
    Here's my take on this whole debacle...

The Bionic's a nice phone and has served me well since I purchased it in March 2012.

Either of the leaks (.246/.247) work quite well and they gave me the sense of having a new phone. So, whichever is the OTA, I can and will live with that.

If Motorola sees fit to push Jelly Bean to the Bionic in the future, that's great! If they don't, it's no great loss and so be it.

I will let the rest of my contract with Verizon play out; I can upgrade in a year or so. In the mean time, I shall study ALL phone/carrier options so as to be better prepared for my next smart phone selection.

When the time comes, I may or may not stay with Motorola. I WILL be looking for a phone that is NOT locked down and a carrier that doesn't unnecessarily load up said phone with bloat.
    Well said.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic. 247
    I have a? I have two phones under my name one mine one my wife's. If I upgrade her phone being subsidized and don't upgrade my phone do I lose unlimited as well as my wife. Or does she go tired and I keep unlimited. If that is how it works that would be great I can use her upgrade and give her my bionic.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigv5150 View Post
    I have a? I have two phones under my name one mine one my wife's. If I upgrade her phone being subsidized and don't upgrade my phone do I lose unlimited as well as my wife. Or does she go tired and I keep unlimited. If that is how it works that would be great I can use her upgrade and give her my bionic.
    Two separate contracts...you are not on family sharing? If you are on separate contracts and she uses a subsidized upgrade she will lose unlimited and you will keep yours. If you are on the same contract/family shared plan then you both will lose it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    okay I am really tired of waiting on ICS and all the data problems are getting on my nerves so someone please help. I am using a stock bionic runninh 905 and donot want to root my phone our of fear my lack of knowledge will brick it, please can someone direct me to a link that will have the 247 leak for a stock phone and detailed directions. Sorry if this post is out of place but I really want this and I am tired of wating. Please help.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Links