DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by hAHAha Halo View Post
    Today, something interesting happened. I left the house with 100% battery, and even checked it when I got to my destination. I was going to be outside the whole time, so I turned off the wifi, the data, the GPS, and the syncing. I also used a task manager to quickly kill all the background apps while I was outside, just a one-click end process. 4 Hours later, I check my phone and its at 40% battery. I checked what's been taking up the battery, and the Android OS has taken up 80% of the battery. Very strange.
    Mine has been doing that a lot lately. Sometimes it shows the WiFi usage is the culprit, even when I'm nowhere near a hotspot, but it's usually Android OS.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I had a similar problem in mid Sept. The phone was always running warm and using Battery Monitor Widget app it was consuming 125-150mah when asleep. Before that time, it would consume 20-40mah while asleep, so as you can tell, that shortened my battery life from about 24 hrs of light use to about 6 to 8. The temps were also running higher. I searched everywhere and found nothing. I cleared the cache and even did a hard reset and to no avail. Finally i tried to get on 4g (since i usually leave it in 3g mode) and it would never connect, just remained in 3g; it wouldn't even show a white 4g. It also took a few minutes after fully booted to find 3g signal. I played around with the Sim card and finally called verizon. Tech seemed to think the 4g attenna was broken and when the phone starts it will do a network check briefly flashing to 4g even if set to 3g and it was stuck in some sort of loop constantly trying to get 4g service. In the end I got a warrantied replacement bionic which works great now.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by runnerodb83 View Post
    I had a similar problem in mid Sept. The phone was always running warm and using Battery Monitor Widget app it was consuming 125-150mah when asleep. Before that time, it would consume 20-40mah while asleep, so as you can tell, that shortened my battery life from about 24 hrs of light use to about 6 to 8. The temps were also running higher. I searched everywhere and found nothing. I cleared the cache and even did a hard reset and to no avail. Finally i tried to get on 4g (since i usually leave it in 3g mode) and it would never connect, just remained in 3g; it wouldn't even show a white 4g. It also took a few minutes after fully booted to find 3g signal. I played around with the Sim card and finally called verizon. Tech seemed to think the 4g attenna was broken and when the phone starts it will do a network check briefly flashing to 4g even if set to 3g and it was stuck in some sort of loop constantly trying to get 4g service. In the end I got a warrantied replacement bionic which works great now.
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already, but Smart Actions helped me out with this by suggesting a rule to disable background syncs when my phone is not in use ("Battery Extender" rule). My battery life has definitely improved using this.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I'm sure I missed it somewhere folks, sorry, but where do you register for soak testing??
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Motorola's website. And word on the street is that Moto is debating whether 246 or 247 will be the OTA build. If 246, we won't get JB. If 247, we will get JB as long as they can get it out by March. This basically sucks.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL
    Motorola's website. And word on the street is that Moto is debating whether 246 or 247 will be the OTA build. If 246, we won't get JB. If 247, we will get JB as long as they can get it out by March. This basically sucks.
    So that blows soak this week to sh**? Just asking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    That's a very good question. Confirmation emails haven't gone out yet. If we don't see them by Thursday, well, there will be a lot of pissed off people. So I don't know. I really don't.
  8. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid I3ionic
    I need link to install 247 please
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC

Re: Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iTz_I3urn View Post
    I need link to install 247 please
    Let me google that for you:

http://bit.ly/QoZrZm
    Droid BIONIC
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I always got the update before the confirmation e-mail if remember correctly
Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Links