DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: battery issue possibly with 247

  1. Droid
    jjgoose's Avatar
    Member #
    297026
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #1

    battery issue possibly with 247

    OK, so Ive gone about a year with a cheap ebay 4000 mAh battery that pretty much got me through 2 days no matter what I did on the phone. about a month ago, I got a moto extended battery since the cheap one was beginning to show its age. I could go about a day with the extended moto battery (This is all on 905). Upgraded to 247 last week (Wed. I think) and now battery is horrible. Im dredding a FDR as Im not sure I know all my user names and passwords for some of my apps (skype, voxxer, etc....). Has anyone see such horrible battery life. This is what I got today and I wasnt even using the phone. Does this seem normal and how can I figure out what exactly what "Android OS" is doing? The phohe actually shut down at about 7 hours and I really hardly used it this morning. couple txts and a couple calls for just a few minutes.

    battery issue possibly with 247-screenshot_2012-10-07-15-46-57.png
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    guitarskoota's Avatar
    Member #
    233114
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    83
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #2
    Try battery monitor widget on google play. I use it, and you can kindof see what apps are causing you problems if it is an app. My phone, runs about 20-50mA idle. Thats about what it should run if nothings hogging your battery. You can set a widget on your homsecreen that will tell your mA battery usage. Also get watchdog lite, it will watch your apps running and give you warnings if any are hogging ram or cpu. It might not be an app, in which case you will probably have to FDR, but these will pick up if its an app problem.
  4. Senior Droid
    Maddog241's Avatar
    Member #
    261315
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgoose View Post
    OK, so Ive gone about a year with a cheap ebay 4000 mAh battery that pretty much got me through 2 days no matter what I did on the phone. about a month ago, I got a moto extended battery since the cheap one was beginning to show its age. I could go about a day with the extended moto battery (This is all on 905). Upgraded to 247 last week (Wed. I think) and now battery is horrible. Im dredding a FDR as Im not sure I know all my user names and passwords for some of my apps (skype, voxxer, etc....). Has anyone see such horrible battery life. This is what I got today and I wasnt even using the phone. Does this seem normal and how can I figure out what exactly what "Android OS" is doing? The phohe actually shut down at about 7 hours and I really hardly used it this morning. couple txts and a couple calls for just a few minutes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-07-15-46-57.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	56930
    Something I found when I first went to ICS was I had uninstall and reinstall some of my apps. Some of them just didn't work properly until I did that, so it is possible and I would say likely that your battery issue is app related. An FDR is the only way to get a true clean install. You could troubleshoot one app at a time depending on how many you have.
    May the Schwartz be with you.
  5. Droid
    jjgoose's Avatar
    Member #
    297026
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarskoota View Post
    Try battery monitor widget on google play. I use it, and you can kindof see what apps are causing you problems if it is an app. My phone, runs about 20-50mA idle. Thats about what it should run if nothings hogging your battery. You can set a widget on your homsecreen that will tell your mA battery usage. Also get watchdog lite, it will watch your apps running and give you warnings if any are hogging ram or cpu. It might not be an app, in which case you will probably have to FDR, but these will pick up if its an app problem.
    I installed both of those and put the widget on my home screen. Every time I look at it, It seems Im drawing between 300 and 550 mA if I unlock the phone and take a look. Thats not very good.....
  6. Droid
    jjgoose's Avatar
    Member #
    297026
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    Something I found when I first went to ICS was I had uninstall and reinstall some of my apps. Some of them just didn't work properly until I did that, so it is possible and I would say likely that your battery issue is app related. An FDR is the only way to get a true clean install. You could troubleshoot one app at a time depending on how many you have.
    I havent run across any of my apps yet that dont seem to be working in ICS? I havent installed any new ones in quite some time (except the 2 mentioned above). I did replace my sd card the day after I updated with a 32 GB class 4 card from Walmart. I was on the road and that was the best I could find in the area. wonder if that might have something to do with it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Maddog241's Avatar
    Member #
    261315
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgoose View Post
    I installed both of those and put the widget on my home screen. Every time I look at it, It seems Im drawing between 300 and 550 mA if I unlock the phone and take a look. Thats not very good.....
    Did you do the cache partition wipe?
    May the Schwartz be with you.
  8. Droid
    jjgoose's Avatar
    Member #
    297026
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    Did you do the cache partition wipe?
    I think so. I followed the instructions in the Hob and remember something like that.
  9. Senior Droid
    Maddog241's Avatar
    Member #
    261315
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgoose View Post
    I think so. I followed the instructions in the Hob and remember something like that.
    Then my money is on an app not playing nice. GB to ICS was a big change and I had some app issues even after following everything.
    May the Schwartz be with you.
  10. Droid
    jjgoose's Avatar
    Member #
    297026
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    Then my money is on an app not playing nice. GB to ICS was a big change and I had some app issues even after following everything.
    I guess that means Ill keep an eye on watchdog lite for a while and see if it picks up on any apps that are chewing up cpu or ram. Im just wondering how that is much different that the battery stats of the phone. Seems to me that it has to be something with "android os" and not an app?
  11. Senior Droid
    Maddog241's Avatar
    Member #
    261315
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgoose View Post
    I guess that means Ill keep an eye on watchdog lite for a while and see if it picks up on any apps that are chewing up cpu or ram. Im just wondering how that is much different that the battery stats of the phone. Seems to me that it has to be something with "android os" and not an app?
    Try turning off your GPS... all 3 of them and see if that makes a difference. It is possible that an app is calling on the GPS and not releasing it.
    May the Schwartz be with you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Voice calls consuming massive amounts of battery. Battery Issue?
    By yougotmail18812 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 11:48 PM
  3. Rubix issue possibly
    By johnomaz in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
  5. Truly maddening email issue, possibly due to 2.1
    By cvn in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM

Search tags for this page

average lifespan of droid bionic battery
,

bionic 247

,
bionic android drops from full charge to 80%
,

bionic gps turns on by itself

,

droid bionic 247

,
droid bionic battery issues
,
droid bionic how to turn gps back on
,

gps turns on itself droid bionic

,
my droid bionic extended battery acting weird
,
what is the life span of the droid bionic battery
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+