DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: guys, convince me that the bionic is still a great phone thats not outdated

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC

guys, convince me that the bionic is still a great phone thats not outdated

All these new phones keep coming out and it is making me wonder if i should of waited 2 months ago when i got my bionic. Im running 247 leak but still cant help but feel that i am missing out on something..

Is the bionic outdated? Or does it still hold up well against new phones in its technical aspects?

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic_Racer View Post
    All these new phones keep coming out and it is making me wonder if i should of waited 2 months ago when i got my bionic. Im running 247 leak but still cant help but feel that i am missing out on something..

Is the bionic outdated? Or does it still hold up well against new phones in its technical aspects?
    Outdated? Yes.

Know this, NO PHONE EVER is worth 2 years, barely 1 year, and is almost always outdated by 6 years, and behind in Android OS updates by 4-6 months as well, sometimes longer, this is true for every phone that's not Nexus.

Ask yourself, does it work for you and does it get done what you need it to get done? If yes, keep the phone, be happy with it, and have fun with it. Don't be like ME and go through 5 phones in 1 year lol
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Break down the specs of the new phones and list what they have that you don't. Strip away all of the ad campaigns with flashing lights and hot chicks, and you'll see that the ICS Bionic can still hold its own.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Right now mobile technology is on fast track. I haven't seen something like this since the CPU races that happened a decade or so ago. There are new items out every 4-6 months.

The Bionic has a lot going for it:
    • has LTE
    • Dual Core CPU
    • 1GB RAM
    • is getting/has ICS and a solid release of it at that
    • will be soon getting JB (not 100% but signs strongly indicate this)

if chasing tech is important to you, then by all means, it's your dime. Keep in mind upgrading w/out paying full retail if you have unlimited data will cost you that. Also, as others have indicated here - your new shiny phone will be a virtual paperweight in a year or so.

When tech moves this fast, it's smart to wait for the next big jump in it, get that, and then wait for the next one. For me, the RAZR X sounds intriguing and has some rather strong specs in it.

Hold out for VoLTE, and Quad-Core.. or go spend your money. It's up to you.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zirkdog View Post
    Break down the specs of the new phones and list what they have that you don't. Strip away all of the ad campaigns with flashing lights and hot chicks, and you'll see that the ICS Bionic can still hold its own.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC specs

Motorola DROID RAZR M specs

Add jb to the bionic and clean up some of the bloat and you are on par with this years specs. In other words, if it was not for motorola not supporting it the device would still be on par. The device can handle both ics and jb and if motorola will not update it they should at least allow for an unlockable bootloader solution so developers can take matters into their own hands.

rocketsaucev2 likes this.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875
    I was contemplating "upgrading" a few weeks ago but the ICS leaks have stopped my search. Running 247 is like having a new phone. I think you have to agree on that.
    Like Snydersweb said, the Bionic is a fairly adequate phone. Maybe you should loo into doing more mods. You will never have the best phone for a long time, there is always a bigger better faster one coming right after the next.
    pc747 likes this.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Add jb to the bionic and clean up some of the bloat and you are on par with this years specs. In other words, if it was not for motorola not supporting it the device would still be on par. The device can handle both ics and jb and if motorola will not update it they should at least allow for an unlockable bootloader solution so developers can take matters into their own hands.
    Motorola's doing a great job supporting the Bionic. Verizon has been holding things up. This has been fixed. ICS is coming soon, and the current leaked build has a patch to fast-track us to Jelly Bean.
    pc747 likes this.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    It will be a long time before there is software that the Bionic cant run. You are good for quite a while if you want to be!
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    OR: You could donate it to me!
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links