DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bionic Battery improvement

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Idk how you guys are getting such bad battery life. I'm running 232... 4g always on, no smart actions.

Bionic Battery improvement-forumrunner_20120930_095645.png
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    So far, Smart Actions hasn't "recommended" any battery actions but the standard low battery settings. All of my improvements have been from JD. JD does shut down the 4G radio when WiFi is available and I'm told that's the cause of the improvements. 4G radio takes lots of power, comparatively speaking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    HoB; Bionic; Android ICS 4.0.4; 6.7.246
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClue48
    So far, Smart Actions hasn't "recommended" any battery actions but the standard low battery settings. All of my improvements have been from JD. JD does shut down the 4G radio when WiFi is available and I'm told that's the cause of the improvements. 4G radio takes lots of power, comparatively speaking.

Ok, can I ask. What is JD?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by masterautotech78 View Post
    Ok, can I ask. What is JD?
    Juice Defender, a software package that helps preserve battery power by shutting down certain things when they aren't in use.

Also, to the OP, sounds like you might consider a factory data reset if not already done.
    It can help battery life quite a bit when evil crap gets caught in memory.

Good Luck,

RMD
  5. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownsend3240 View Post
    Not rooted and still on stock .905 GB, afraid I would brick my phone somehow if I were to jump on .246

No problem, I'm still on stock GB myself. I have heard that ICS helps with battery. You can wait until the OTA, if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClue48 View Post
    Yes, I am rooted now, but JD doesn't require it to improve battery performance (in my experience). I am also running .246 ICS leak and had a bit less improvement on GB.

While you don't have to be rooted to use JD, if you are it help more by shutting down GPS and other radios.

Quote Originally Posted by kurumatt View Post
    Idk how you guys are getting such bad battery life. I'm running 232... 4g always on, no smart actions.
    Part depends on where you live. If you're in an area where 4G/3G are poor, the phone works harder to connect, using more battery. I average 21 hours using JD on stock GB with an extended battery, but sometimes not, depending on where I am during the day. It lasts from when I wake up to when I go to sleep, which is good enough for me.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor

Juice Defender, a software package that helps preserve battery power by shutting down certain things when they aren't in use.

RMD
    Ahhh, gotcha. I tried it on GB, but it didn't work very well. Haven't tried it on .232 , yet.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    If you're on the ICS leaks or anything higher make a custom rule for battery extender in Smart Actions. You don't even need to install an app from the Play Store, and it works better than JD in my experience. JD would bug up my data connection a lot, but it happens with the Smart Actions like once every other day. Seeing as it's turning on and off every time my screen turns on and off and I use my phone all day it's pretty successful. Get Battery Widget Reborn to keep up to date on your battery info. My battery averages 18 hours and 50 minutes to die. I don't sacrifice my 4G, my GPS is on, and it's overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. I have the extended battery though so that may be part of it.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcguffee View Post
    If you're on the ICS leaks or anything higher make a custom rule for battery extender in Smart Actions. You don't even need to install an app from the Play Store, and it works better than JD in my experience. JD would bug up my data connection a lot, but it happens with the Smart Actions like once every other day. Seeing as it's turning on and off every time my screen turns on and off and I use my phone all day it's pretty successful. Get Battery Widget Reborn to keep up to date on your battery info. My battery averages 18 hours and 50 minutes to die. I don't sacrifice my 4G, my GPS is on, and it's overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. I have the extended battery though so that may be part of it.
    My experience exactly. I'm even considering going back to the regular battery for a few days and see how it acts.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcguffee
    I couldn't or didn't find a Smart Actions script for battery stuff until I looked again after reading your post. I've implemented it now and turned off Juice Defender and will see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion in your post.

Last edited by NoClue48; 09-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    HoB; Bionic; Android ICS 4.0.4; 6.7.246
  10. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcguffee
    Get Battery Widget Reborn to keep up to date on your battery info.
    Another one is GSam Battery Monitor, which is recommended by FoxKat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links