DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 91 of 653 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 6521
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

  1. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Phone, i'm gonna go all out. Processor? In my case, i'm running a 6 year old Core 2 Duo anyways, which does ALL I need it to. Anything would be an upgrade for me. I have always built my PC with a) budget parts; or b) last year's "big thing". For what you do, Intel is probably best; although you could probably build one hell of a cluster with AMD stuff for the same price. I just know i'd NEVER pay over $300 for a processor alone. I simply don't make that kind of $$$ and the extra money I do have to throw around, I throw at mobile hardware.
    But see, therein lies the conversation. Someone asked about AMD getting into the mobile game. Given their track record, you'd end up with mid-range phones at best, low end cheap phones being most likely. AMD is not going to challenge ANYONE for the high end smartphone or tablet market. Even with all of Intel's resources it's going to be a challenge for them. AMD simply wouldn't have a prayer in hell in this market space. Right now Intel has put out a mid-range phone with Moto in the RAZR i. As I said before, this is simply to get a level set on where the issues are that need to be improved so they can attack the high end with a quad core next year. You've got to think they've got tablet ambitions, as well, and not just that Windows 8 stuff. AMD is so far out of their league in this space it'd be pointless. Even TI, a company with YEARS of experience in this space, has given up. I don't care what it costs, AMD ain't gonna be on my phone.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb View Post
    The danger in this case and the seed of AMD's extinction is that the general populace is moving generally away from the standard desktop computer. Mobile technology - smartphones, tablets and similar ilk these days are getting more and more common. Not to say desktops will go away by any means - but that market is getting less important and AMD will have to keep fighting Intel for a much smaller piece of the pie.

    Potentially we haven't seen the end of LapDock style ideas as well. ASUS Transformer type things could also become viable middle ground where someone likes having a keyboard/mouse like a desktop with the portability of a Tablet.

    Computing as we know it is changing from the model we have seen so dominant for the last 30 years.
    I agree, mobile is becoming more and more important. But if Intel wants to remain competitive, they need to come out with something a whole lot better than the Atom. If they are going to use an x86 core, they should be looking at ULV versions of the Core i3 - but with a better GPU.
  3. Master Droid
    Captain Crypto's Avatar
    Member #
    177621
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    254
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Oh boy. You should really truly read my FAQ. FXZ has nothing to do with OTA. And leak is no different than OTA except for the fact that one is officially released and the other isn't.
    SON OF A

    The answer is right there, in your FAQ, that same FAQ you've been talking about over the past 1,500+ posts.

    "Q: If I update to 235/238/242/244, how do I get back on the OTA path?
    A: I'm sorry, you failed this test! You can't is the simple answer. Those versions have security that disallow going back to 905 which is required to take the OTA. You may be able to use the HoB to move to a new build and possibly even the OTA build when it's released, but, that is not guaranteed"

    I certainly did fail the test. I was confused because I'm reading too many things from too many people. I should have just paid attention to the source. Admittedly I'm reading every post but I'm not paying attention as much as I should be. I think I shall wait for the OTA after all. Too much other crap going on that's distracting me.

    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
  4. Master Droid
    BroidDrionic's Avatar
    Member #
    246277
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    544
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord
    Well i got the most powerful bionic in the community look at these scores xD
    Yeah but what about stability? Furthermore, battery life!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  5. Senior Droid
    SnydersWeb's Avatar
    Member #
    40625
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    137
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I agree, mobile is becoming more and more important. But if Intel wants to remain competitive, they need to come out with something a whole lot better than the Atom. If they are going to use an x86 core, they should be looking at ULV versions of the Core i3 - but with a better GPU.
    Best way to learn how to swim is to jump into the deep end. They did w/this Moto thing. They had better darn well learn how to swim or they'll drown not only themselves but Motorola - and Motorola in the past has demonstrated flexibility with going to targa chips and others.
  6. Bfp
    Bfp is offline
    Droid
    Bfp's Avatar
    Member #
    265020
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    82
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I've got a FX4100 amd and im happy with it with 8gb of Gskill sniper series ram, im thinking about installing Banana split as soon as the OTA come out.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    But see, therein lies the conversation. Someone asked about AMD getting into the mobile game. Given their track record, you'd end up with mid-range phones at best, low end cheap phones being most likely. AMD is not going to challenge ANYONE for the high end smartphone or tablet market. Even with all of Intel's resources it's going to be a challenge for them. AMD simply wouldn't have a prayer in hell in this market space. Right now Intel has put out a mid-range phone with Moto in the RAZR i. As I said before, this is simply to get a level set on where the issues are that need to be improved so they can attack the high end with a quad core next year. You've got to think they've got tablet ambitions, as well, and not just that Windows 8 stuff. AMD is so far out of their league in this space it'd be pointless. Even TI, a company with YEARS of experience in this space, has given up. I don't care what it costs, AMD ain't gonna be on my phone.
    Honestly, i'd have to see it in action. I've had netbooks based on the Atom, and netbooks based on the AMD Fusion stuff (E-series). Unless the Atom has gotten a HELL of a lot better, the Fusion stuff beats it. I'm honestly still not convinced that x86 is the way to go for mobile, though. I'd be more encouraged if Intel were developing a Cortex A15 based SoC.
  8. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crypto View Post
    SON OF A

    The answer is right there, in your FAQ, that same FAQ you've been talking about over the past 1,500+ posts.

    "Q: If I update to 235/238/242/244, how do I get back on the OTA path?
    A: I'm sorry, you failed this test! You can't is the simple answer. Those versions have security that disallow going back to 905 which is required to take the OTA. You may be able to use the HoB to move to a new build and possibly even the OTA build when it's released, but, that is not guaranteed"

    I certainly did fail the test. I was confused because I'm reading too many things from too many people. I should have just paid attention to the source. Admittedly I'm reading every post but I'm not paying attention as much as I should be. I think I shall wait for the OTA after all. Too much other crap going on that's distracting me.

    See, Dave? You're not winning. MUAHAHAHAH.

    Yes, I wrote the faq on a bet that people would read it. I said they would ignore it...and a large majority of people who ask me questions that are answered in the faq have...even after I point out that they should in fact read it. Dave there says that the faq would solve all my problems and I'd never have to repeat myself again if I just put it one concise place. Gonna go with....not so much. ROFLMAO!
  9. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Honestly, i'd have to see it in action. I've had netbooks based on the Atom, and netbooks based on the AMD Fusion stuff (E-series). Unless the Atom has gotten a HELL of a lot better, the Fusion stuff beats it. I'm honestly still not convinced that x86 is the way to go for mobile, though. I'd be more encouraged if Intel were developing a Cortex A15 based SoC.
    I reserve judgement until Intel tells us "we have the best Android chipset available." Which should be next year when they play in the quad core space. Until then, it's just a game of watching.
  10. Master Droid
    welsalex's Avatar
    Member #
    230590
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    560
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Nothing today tomorrow is the big day
    I know I know. Any sort of timeframe for tomorrow for the incoming moot?
    Droid BIONIC

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. stock wireless tether vs ROOT wireless tether
    By gpigate in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Search tags for this page

6.7.247.xt875.verizon.en.us
,
army squirrel
,
bionic ics moot
,
bionic moot
,
cow tipping
,

droid bionic moot

,
squirrel army
,
tipping
,

wireless moot

,

wireless moot ii

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+