DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 653 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    Wouldn't work. Although it is taking forever for us to have an 100% official release, Too many variables between how your phone is setup, compared to Billy Joe John Bob down the street. Besides,just because a release is granted soak worthy/OTA doesn't mean that some groovy little app someone has had since forever might have a piece of code that just doesn't like something and then that person is complaining they can't play _________________ or whatever. In some ways it is a good thing that we are using the Red headed step child on the dogs side of the family because we are being spared a lot of headaches that other ICS users weren't.
    Just my .2
    Wrong thinking there. 3rd party app incompatibilities are NOT valid reasons for an OTA not to pass the approval process. I believe Flash was a special circumstance since Adobe is not touching it. Normally, it's up to the app developer to fix their stupid "Super Solitaire 2048" to work on the new OS.
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Lmao noooo there is alot more to the process than building the update getting vzw approval an then soaking it or pushing it out via ota
    Ah i guess i was under the impression that the build was the completed piece of the puzzle or that they had some kind of framework where they could adapt other things they needed easily and not entirely on a per-case basis...
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Good, go get me an FXZ for it. :P
    I cannot find a download link for 246 anywhere could someone please point this idiot in the right direction. I'll even host the file after I get it.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    People talk about leaving for another carrier, but as far as I know, no carrier has been proven to be any better than Verizon when it comes to updates. Not only that, but no one comes close to verizon's LTE coverage. I've been with Verizon for over 10 years, it would be very hard to find a carrier that matches them.

I really hope Lambo is right and we see our update as early as the 1st.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Hey, just as a show of the masses, everyone should fill out this form - http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...of_Dispute.pdf ...... if you haven't already.

Simply fill out the above form asking for a credit for each month of service where you couldn't reliably use 4G.

If they don't agree then according to the Verizon contract you can ask for Arbitration or go to Small Claims Court.

On Moto's forum a report of a $15/mo credit for data issues was mentioned. If everyone sent one of these in requesting compensation, I think it will give GooMoto a little more backing to their position.

Who knows, maybe a lawyer out there somewhere might want to pick up a class-action....... What do you think?
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Um, it's a well known FACT that VZW is the worst at approving updates. The VZW S3 is the *ONLY* locked version in the world, and is *GUARANTEED* to be LAST getting the JB update. Don't kid yourself in thinking all carriers are as bad as VZW with locked bootloaders and lack of updates. It's not even close.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Well hopefully the two companies can reach an agreement. If not we will never see ICS in our lives. ........EVER AGAIN!!!!!! :0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    24-FREKKIN-7, BAYBAY!!!!!! 8D

See my own original Atari 2600 games! o;
    Game Catcher - Auto Mayhem - Ghost

http://www.megatoxic.com for more random games I've made over the years.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Wanna bet? I'm looking at it right now.
    hodgewdm and symbiontsoul like this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Um, it's a well known FACT that VZW is the worst at approving updates. The VZW S3 is the *ONLY* locked version in the world, and is *GUARANTEED* to be LAST getting the JB update. Don't kid yourself in thinking all carriers are as bad as VZW with locked bootloaders and lack of updates. It's not even close.
    My point about LTE coverage stands though, no one comes close. Not even that, but 3G as well. You can be driving out west with AT&T or sprint and forget about having a data signal, hell even a talking signal. Meanwhile in the same car I had my Bionic and I had strong 3G coverage.

Im not defending verizon, just saying no one comes close.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Comiskeybum View Post
    My point about LTE coverage stands though, no one comes close. Not even that, but 3G as well. You can be driving out west with AT&T or sprint and forget about having a data signal, hell even a talking signal. Meanwhile in the same car I had my Bionic and I had strong 3G coverage.

Im not defending verizon, just saying no one comes close.
    I didn't argue against LTE coverage. I was simply pointing out that other carriers are not even CLOSE to as bad as VZW is in providing updates and requiring locked bootloaders. And what I've learned about "coverage" is it only matters where you happen to be. Meaning if I had coverage at home and work I'd be good to go. My major vacation spots are already covered by both VZW and AT&T.
Page 8 of 653 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Links