DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 640 of 653 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 6521
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

  1. Droid Ninja
    altspeed's Avatar
    Member #
    244575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Posts
    1,035
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    yeah, I said a long time ago that the 4430s were PRPORTIONALLY better, I was hitting the 2900s at 1000 mhz when I was on 232 before I put in the kanged haters hack to get to 1200, the guys at 1400 were only hitting 3500, so I thought efficiency wise the 4430s produced better results per Mhz of clockspeed, but nobody got my point, I would have figured you would, but you weren't around in that thread. so really 200 Mhz of clockspeed and harware acceleration only got me a 200 point quadrant bump I was getting 3 quadrant points per Mhz at 1000 and the next 200 got me less than 1 quadrant point each when you take the 2d accel into account, see what I'm sayin'? But I do want to know if my early october build date has a 4460
    Last edited by altspeed; 10-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by altspeed View Post
    yeah, I said a long time ago that the 4430s were PRPORTIONALLY better, I was hitting the 2900s at 1000 mhz when I was on 232 before I put in the kanged haters hack to get to 1200, the guys at 1400 were only hitting 3500, so I thought efficiency wise the 4430s produced better results per Mhz of clockspeed, but nobody got my point, I would have figured you would, but you weren't around in that thread. so really 200 Mhz of clockspeed and harware acceleration only got me a 200 point quadrant bump I was getting 3 quadrant points per Mhz at 1000 and the next 200 got me less than 1 quadrant point each when you take the 2d accel into account, see what I'm sayin'? But I do want to know if my early october build date has a 4460
    I really doubt it does have a 4460, like I said, Sarge mentioned that only VERY early production dates did. I think it was units made in April and May, or something to that effect. Your October 2011 model is rather late by the standards of what we are talking about. As for the proportionally better performance of the 4430, is it possible that it's more efficient because it has shorter pipelines? And that's why it can't clock as high? Sort of how the Pentium 4 needs a higher clock speed to be as "fast" as a Core 2 Duo? A shorter pipeline can do more instructions per clock, a longer pipeline needs to compensate with clock speed.
  3. Senior Droid
    tlarseth's Avatar
    Member #
    259161
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mars Hill, NC
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    vegeta_gg42
    Phone
    Bionic 6.7.247 Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by GiovanniTheToker
    Hey Sam, or anyone that knows how (or the answer), does the HoB root .247? And if so, why won't it root mine? It jus stays on the "daemon not running. starting it now. daemon started successfully". How long should it stay on that screen? Lol.
    Make sure your phone is in mtp mode, motorola drivers on your pc are up to date, and then reboot both phone and pc, and try again. I am on 247, and HoB rooted mine. I used HoB 7.7.
  4. Master Droid
    Lodmot's Avatar
    Member #
    292217
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

    Re: Wireless Moot

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I really doubt it does have a 4460, like I said, Sarge mentioned that only VERY early production dates did. I think it was units made in April and May, or something to that effect. Your October 2011 model is rather late by the standards of what we are talking about. As for the proportionally better performance of the 4430, is it possible that it's more efficient because it has shorter pipelines? And that's why it can't clock as high? Sort of how the Pentium 4 needs a higher clock speed to be as "fast" as a Core 2 Duo? A shorter pipeline can do more instructions per clock, a longer pipeline needs to compensate with clock speed.
    So in other words, way back when i made the argument that my bionic was more efficient because it couldn't clock as high, i was right?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    24-FREKKIN-7, BAYBAY!!!!!! 8D

    See my own original Atari 2600 games! o;
    Game Catcher - Auto Mayhem - Ghost

    http://www.megatoxic.com for more random games I've made over the years.
  5. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308
    I really doubt it does have a 4460, like I said, Sarge mentioned that only VERY early production dates did. I think it was units made in April and May, or something to that effect. Your October 2011 model is rather late by the standards of what we are talking about. As for the proportionally better performance of the 4430, is it possible that it's more efficient because it has shorter pipelines? And that's why it can't clock as high? Sort of how the Pentium 4 needs a higher clock speed to be as "fast" as a Core 2 Duo? A shorter pipeline can do more instructions per clock, a longer pipeline needs to compensate with clock speed.
    Correct as I stated before it was between april an may of production so 1 months of production so in the 4 weeks of the 4460 chipsets approximately 2000 bonics and razrs (D4 and maxx were none existent) a day were created so thats 80000 total devices were created with the 4460 which cost at least 36% more than the 4430 they saw that it would put them over budget by what I am told 12 million dollars (they created in an excess of 30 million bionics and razrs so 36% adds up quick) seeing that majority of the devices were going to be 4430 they shipped about 80% over seas and or turned them into developer devices since they could be unlocked an make more of a profit than to ship them to us carriers ie. VZW bootloader phobia so 20% got lucky enough to be locked down both bootloader an slots to us carriers (u can see how hard finding one of these devices are I alone went through 32 replacements untill I found mine 1 in a million shot though) an since where throwing bench marks out here is mine ^_^



    Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20121009_233903.png   Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20121009_233913.png  
    Last edited by sargentmajord; 10-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    altspeed's Avatar
    Member #
    244575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Posts
    1,035
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I really doubt it does have a 4460, like I said, Sarge mentioned that only VERY early production dates did. I think it was units made in April and May, or something to that effect. Your October 2011 model is rather late by the standards of what we are talking about. As for the proportionally better performance of the 4430, is it possible that it's more efficient because it has shorter pipelines? And that's why it can't clock as high? Sort of how the Pentium 4 needs a higher clock speed to be as "fast" as a Core 2 Duo? A shorter pipeline can do more instructions per clock, a longer pipeline needs to compensate with clock speed.
    I don't think there any question that the 1.86 core 2 has a shorter (electronically) internal bus, those nanoseconds really add up over a benchmarks test, even 1 that takes less that 200ms like the setcpu long bench, and I would say it definitely is the same phenomenon between the 4460/4430, and that would also explain the crazy short (sub 100 ms on 1, a hair ove 100 ms on the other than my phones get, and according to our theory that would support the fact that they are both probably 4430s. (I am not really this knowledgeable, but I soaked up a lot from an old friend that passed away last year that was on an AMD architecture team in Austin at their Dell Liason operation.
  7. steakoutdriver's Avatar
    Member #
    222232
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by TominBristol
    Does this count as 'moot'?

    VZW announced at MobileCON they'll reach 417 'markets' by 10/18...supposedly coverage will be available to 245 mill people.

    List of the 417 markets: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Markets

    #390 is mine! lol
    Haha im #8

    sent from my STOCK droid bionic where the hell is my ICS
  8. Senior Droid
    tlarseth's Avatar
    Member #
    259161
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mars Hill, NC
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    vegeta_gg42
    Phone
    Bionic 6.7.247 Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by steakoutdriver

    Haha im #8

    sent from my STOCK droid bionic where the hell is my ICS
    243 here.
  9. Senior Droid
    dstreng's Avatar
    Member #
    120676
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

    Re: Wireless Moot

    #12 here
  10. Droid
    segordon's Avatar
    Member #
    281651
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm covered at work but at home I'm still on 3g.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. stock wireless tether vs ROOT wireless tether
    By gpigate in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Search tags for this page

6.7.247.xt875.verizon.en.us
,
army squirrel
,
bionic ics moot
,
bionic moot
,
cow tipping
,

droid bionic moot

,
squirrel army
,
tipping
,

wireless moot

,

wireless moot ii

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+