DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 617 of 653 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 615 616 617 618 619 627 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6521
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    No u wouldnt hob would be able to flash the JB build plus like I said 6.8.648 is made to flash over 247 an it would be idiotic to change the security on JB if there is no ICS fxz since there was no ICS ota if they went to JB an skipped ICS

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums
    So you're saying even if they did that, it would use security version 4 just like ICS does, and the mini-FXZ would get us back on "fake 905" which would be good enough to apply JB, and it would work just like HoB-ing a new ICS leak?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgoose

Yes, what he said. Sorry I didnt make that clear.
    Np but like I said as it is if ur on 247 there is no way possible to be off the ota path unless another ICS update gets pushed an if a JB gets pushed an not ICS then the security would be the same an HoB would get u to JB

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Smh.....
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Np but like I said as it is if ur on 247 there is no way possible to be off the ota path unless another ICS update gets pushed an if a JB gets pushed an not ICS then the security would be the same an HoB would get u to JB

OK, thanks sarge.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    If they did go directly to JB, that would teach Verizon for getting so hung up on their beloved Flash Player *LOL* Since JB doesn't even support it!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Smh.....
    I dunno, I think it was a valid question since we're talking about a complete new series of builds that we don't know much about at this point. If this JB **** were old hat like ICS, I would understand the SMH comment, but in THIS case, it's a valid point. Nowhere in the HoB thread or FAQ does it address the possibility of the OTA being a completely different OS than we were expecting. Which is understandable, up until yesterday i'd have dismissed the NOTION of JB coming that soon as a pipe dream.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_AGuy View Post
    Mine has 8 GB internal and an 8 GB SDcard, so 16 GB total. I think the 16 GB versions are 16 GB internal. Make sense?
    Go under system setting >> Storage. If it states 16 GB total, you have an 8 GB version.
    When I go to System Settings>>Storage, it shows: "Total Space 16GB. Below that in SD CARD /MNT/SDCARD-EXT, it states: Total Space 14.38GB.

Quote Originally Posted by altspeed View Post
    If it came with an sd its an 8, 16s came with no sd inserted.
    Mine came with no SD card and I purchased a 16GB card as indicated above.

I think it's safe to assume I have the "as advertised" 16GB model.

Thanks for your clarifications!
    HoB; Bionic; Android ICS 4.0.4; 6.7.246
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Re: Wireless Moot

Quote Originally Posted by dautley View Post
    You forgot to mention then along came a guy named Al Gore, invented the Internet, and warmed the earth again threatening the world bacon supply. Also Bionic isn't the some phone getting a OTA this week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Never said that the Bionic was the phone... besides, I'm past all that and playing with the jellies

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition * Now with Jellybeans *

Devices: Droid Bionic,OG RAZR,RAZR M, Galaxy S4
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I have the ****ty 8GB version apparently, so one more reason to dislike my phone. It doesn't OC worth a crap, and it runs out of internal storage WAY too quickly.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I DO have a 16GB model. Mine must be an oddball, it has 16GB internal and came with a 16GB card preinstalled. It was purchased right after launch. Still don't OC worth a crap, though.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 10-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Three scenarios.

1) Moto releases ICS. Most likely build 247. From there, we upgrade to JB. The most likely scenario.
    2) Moto ditches 11 builds of ICS and goes to JB directly on top of 905. There is almost a 0 chance of this happening.
    3) Moto pushes a patch to 905 that will allow JB to be installed on top of GB. This is the one you should be worried about.

Scenario 1...no problem. We're all covered. Scenario 2....not as big of an issue even with new security. Higher security means I can push it with the HoB so not a problem. Scenario 3 is the one that'd screw us. Unless they pushed higher security with, let's say 906. If it's the same security as 905 and they pushed another GB build, then those on 235+ are screwed for quite some time. Not a likely scenario, but, if they want to abandon ICS for JB that's the likely way it'd go down. And it'd be ugly if it did.
Page 617 of 653 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 615 616 617 618 619 627 ... LastLast

Links