DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 579 of 653 FirstFirst ... 79 479 529 569 577 578 579 580 581 589 629 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 6521
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Not really if u look at the specs its only a cpu jump by .5 ghz an ability to support an HD display which does nothing on a qhd pentile display an if what I am told the reason why they switched to the 4430 cuz the 4460 was way to expensive an they locked the bionics with the 4460 at 1ghz an the razrs and D4 at 1.2 ghz an also I have been told about 60% of the 4460 devices wound up being either developer or international versions
    Let's not forget the faster GPU that all 4460s have right out of the box, I believe it's something like 384MHz vs. 300MHz on the 4430. You might know a majority of them ended up in international versions, though. Good ol' Made in USA Motorola, always taking better care of the folks overseas. I am an overclocker, it does bother me that mine can't even hit 1.4GHz when there are "identical" devices out there that run up to 2GHz.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    U have to run the serial number to find out what it came with
    Can you tell us what you mean by run the serial number? How would a guy go about doing that? Thanks!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Thats a good question they still have to update the production server an I am looking every day they havent yet an once they do the ota will be pushed
    Yeah, they seem to enjoy leading us on and jerking us around just as much as Verizon ever did, if not more. The only difference now is Punit Soni making vague claims here and there on his Google+, and then remaining strangely silent.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    U have to run the serial number to find out what it came with
    Okay I have my serial number now how do I find out the OMAP Chipset of my Bionic?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Wait Motorola is in charge of the update now?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Yeah, they seem to enjoy leading us on and jerking us around just as much as Verizon ever did, if not more. The only difference now is Punit Soni making vague claims here and there on his Google+, and then remaining strangely silent.
    It might be a little early to say that for sure, I think. Punit has only been speaking out for a month. That doesn't seem like enough time to really enact solutions for all the problems he walked into at Motorola Mobility. I think the fact that .247 even has Jelly Bean preparedness cooked into it at all means he's probably actually trying. I personally thought ICS would be the end of the Bionic altogether, so to receive any remote hope of seeing Jelly Bean on our phones at this stage of its life is encouraging.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by vipergts450 View Post
    It might be a little early to say that for sure, I think. Punit has only been speaking out for a month. That doesn't seem like enough time to really enact solutions for all the problems he walked into at Motorola Mobility. I think the fact that .247 even has Jelly Bean preparedness cooked into it at all means he's probably actually trying. I personally thought ICS would be the end of the Bionic altogether, so to receive any remote hope of seeing Jelly Bean on our phones at this stage of its life is encouraging.
    True, but it's not like they will have to do much actual work at all to bring us JB. Prior to that happening, updates will go out for the RAZR and D4 to "unify" their builds with ours (eliminating the bugs they suffer in the process). I think that we do benefit from the fact that the Bionic ended up being pretty much identical to the RAZR/D4. The original XT865 Bionic was not a part of the OMAP4 family of devices, and was in fact quite similar to the Atrix 4G which had its update plans cancelled. With another 5 months of support left (18 month support cycle) i'd actually be pretty miffed if we DON'T get JB.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    True, but it's not like they will have to do much actual work at all to bring us JB. Prior to that happening, updates will go out for the RAZR and D4 to "unify" their builds with ours (eliminating the bugs they suffer in the process). I think that we do benefit from the fact that the Bionic ended up being pretty much identical to the RAZR/D4. The original XT865 Bionic was not a part of the OMAP4 family of devices, and was in fact quite similar to the Atrix 4G which had its update plans cancelled. With another 5 months of support left (18 month support cycle) i'd actually be pretty miffed if we DON'T get JB.
    Everything you said is very true, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment at least. If ICS is out in the next couple of weeks for real and JB rolls out to the Bionic, RAZR, and Droid 4 in some short time after that, I'll be very impressed by the progress in 6 months with him at the helm vs. the debacle of the past 13 months with Motorola leaving us stranded.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Everything you said is very true, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment at least. If ICS is out in the next couple of weeks for real and JB rolls out to the Bionic, RAZR, and Droid 4 in some short time after that, I'll be very impressed by the progress in 6 months with him at the helm vs. the debacle of the past 13 months with Motorola leaving us stranded.
    Agreed - may as well give the guy a chance. What concerns me is all of the comments he made one day, and now he's been mostly quiet. Yet somehow, I do get the impression that he is a man who will stand behind what he says. I just really want to know what his "special" plan for the Bionic is - as he never did tell us.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    the debacle of the past 13 months with Motorola leaving us stranded.
    Wasn't Moto - it was Verizon. Moto has done an awesome job with ICS.

Links