DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 578 of 653 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 6521
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Re: Wireless Moot

So I am one of the dozens of webtop users (only after buying a fire sale lapdock), and was wondering if it's being killed off because Moto might be going with Ubuntu instead? I have found webtop to be somewhat useful in a NetBook sort of way, but would LOVE the Ubuntu option. Maybe with a possible JB update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Its a bionic but I have the rare omap 4460 chipset less than 1% of razrs, bionics and D4 have it I dont have any money for a new device cuz I spent all my money on my 3 bionics my razr an D4 I just didnt want to say anything cuz people can get jealous an mad
    Well, I don't know if I am jealous or mad; but I now believe that Motorola OWES the other 99% of us an upgraded device with a 4460 in it. Because that's one hell of a jump. How on earth did a 4460 even get in there? Moto never built a 4460 based phone, so it's not like they would have a stockpile of them.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
    Why should I believe the OP when they can't even spell or puntuate properly, let alone review their thread for numerical errors? C'mon guys, if you're going to give us "credible" information make it APPEAR credible!
    Puntuate?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by CaptianSpiffy View Post
    So I am one of the dozens of webtop users (only after buying a fire sale lapdock), and was wondering if it's being killed off because Moto might be going with Ubuntu instead? I have found webtop to be somewhat useful in a NetBook sort of way, but would LOVE the Ubuntu option. Maybe with a possible JB update?

Don't hold your breath for Ubuntu. From what I've read I get the feeling Android is going to make a play for the desktop in the coming years. Google has it all planned out.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308
    Well, I don't know if I am jealous or mad; but I now believe that Motorola OWES the other 99% of us an upgraded device with a 4460 in it. Because that's one hell of a jump.
    Not really if u look at the specs its only a cpu jump by .5 ghz an ability to support an HD display which does nothing on a qhd pentile display an if what I am told the reason why they switched to the 4430 cuz the 4460 was way to expensive an they locked the bionics with the 4460 at 1ghz an the razrs and D4 at 1.2 ghz an also I have been told about 60% of the 4460 devices wound up being either developer or international versions
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
    Why should I believe the OP when they can't even spell or puntuate properly, let alone review their thread for numerical errors? C'mon guys, if you're going to give us "credible" information make it APPEAR credible!
    Your credibility is now Zero. Cheers
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptianSpiffy View Post

...back to the moot.

The webtop/lapdock idea was a really cool idea IMHO, just not $300 (at time of original release, not fire sale price) worth of cool. I use mine around the house as sort of a gimmick just when watching TV. It's nice to have stuff on a bigger screen. For me it filled the role that a tablet would. $300.00 for a lapdock or $200 for a Nexus 7? That's an easy decision. Moto shot themselves in the foot with their pricing and lack of "stuff" that the lapdock could do. I only bought mine when the BIONIC version dropped to $50 at VZW stores for the fire sale before they announced the death to webtop.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    So I was wondering since it was always big bad Verizon holding up ICS, now that Moto supposdly has control where is our OTA?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dautley
    So I was wondering since it was always big bad Verizon holding up ICS, now that Moto supposdly has control where is our OTA?
    Thats a good question they still have to update the production server an I am looking every day they havent yet an once they do the ota will be pushed
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Looks like moot is dead :/
    Time for a good rumor or two Sarge,
    "I'm beginning to think that while Moto and Verizon executives pretend to let us feast on bay shrimp salad sandwiches and cold poached salmon in dill sauce, they are really doing a end around and sticking a banana in our tailpipe"
    To kinda sorta take a line or two from Beverly Hills Cop
    Sorry, I just had to rehash that, I thought if was funny....
    Last edited by dautley; 10-07-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Links