DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 653 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X
    Quote Originally Posted by TominBristol View Post
    I find it very interesting that a roomful of VZW Execs find it necessary to develop counter proposals at all. Not the same old arrogance I'd come to expect from a carrier that has always (in the past) behaved as if they called the shots...all the shots.

Just from an outsider's view, looks like they recognize there's a new player in the game. If you think of it as some kinda barter, Google/Moto laid out their stance, now VZW prepares theirs and through various negotiations, eventually a deal is done.

Formerly VZW displayed NO interest in un-locking anything...looks like they now see they're gonna have too fall back from that stance.

A good sign for us consumers, yes?
    I agree. I have a feeling that GooMoto is in no mood for counters at this point....... Wouldn't surprise me if this ended in a creation of a GooMobile or GooWireless.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Am I the only one who keeps seeing the Pointy Haired Boss from Dilbert every time I hear about VZW and these ridiculous counter proposals?

If things come to blows, hopefully Samsung would also follow suit.. if they did it would be a nice horse-kick in the pills for VZW.
    symbiontsoul and NoClue48 like this.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    enough political jokes/stabs ...
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Interesting. But none of this news today really wows me like on Friday. Any idea how long the negotiations will last?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Bionic ICS
    Too long? What did I win?

I want ICS already!
    Expected ICS late Q3 or Q4(2012). I called it back in February 2012!

Now Expecting JB late Q2 2013. I called it back in October 2012!

6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by symbiontsoul View Post
    Doesn't matter. If they fall back only by charging 20/30 bucks a month, most ppl can't afford that extra charge on a monthly basis on top of thier already high bill. Thus they get what they want anyway. Not to mention deterring ppl from developing. Samurai shouldn't have to pay an extra $30/mo to be able to contribute to the community.
    Don't worry. I won't. I'll simply switch carriers to one that's a bit more useful and consumer friendly. I hear Russian carriers allow more flexibility than VZW...
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Giddyup. Get the damn thing out already.
    Amen. I actually wonder why it takes so long for a soak/ota. I'd think something like that at a company that big would have a system that automates the whole process of release (copying to release servers, setting up the waves of updates (who gets it when), etc) and it would be done in a day or two.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Don't worry. I won't. I'll simply switch carriers to one that's a bit more useful and consumer friendly. I hear Russian carriers allow more flexibility than VZW...
    LOL I didn't expect you would. Just making a point. Thanks for all the work you do though!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Comiskeybum
    Interesting. But none of this news today really wows me like on Friday. Any idea how long the negotiations will last?
    Well vzw was given a 3 day deferment meaning moto/google arent in these meetings for the next 3 days it just vzw going over there options come thursday is when the gloves should come off
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknorris101

Amen. I actually wonder why it takes so long for a soak/ota. I'd think something like that at a company that big would have a system that automates the whole process of release (copying to release servers, setting up the waves of updates (who gets it when), etc) and it would be done in a day or two.
    Lmao noooo there is alot more to the process than building the update getting vzw approval an then soaking it or pushing it out via ota
Page 5 of 653 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Links