DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 438 of 653 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 6521
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    For those wondering about my background...I started on a vic 20 when I was 7. My grandparents got a C64 to run their business so I got to use it when I was here (I bought their house a few years ago) on weekends. So I played on both of those Eventually got my own C64. Got into hacking copy protections (it was a hobby...wasn't pirating games, just wanted to learn how the encryption they used worked and how to defeat it). Moved up to an Amiga. And when I was in college I built my first 386-40 with WFW 3.11. I was one of the few who could multitask doom and still be online (bbs') at the same time. :P
    ewangw, dautley and C10H15N like this.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875
    I get great battery life with 247 (and 246, 244) Not so much on 232.
    Wireless Moot-screenshot_2012-10-03-14-19-13.pngWireless Moot-screenshot_2012-10-03-14-19-20.png
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    While we are comparing what apps we use, what free music players are y'all using? I'm trying to find one that correctly manages the tags. This is play music, and although this one works correctly, many of my files have either lost their id info or wallpaper is screwed up or missing. They were fine on my computer and all I did was copy/paste onto my card.

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition
    I just Play Music and Amazon Cloud. I think I prefer Play Music though... but I buy most of my MP3s (yes, I buy them) on Amazon, so.... buttons.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Blasphemy how dare u mock my super smartphone having this phone this fast is incredible it makes a stock bionic look pathetic xD

Sent from my 1.404 ghz 3605 quadrant score ICS .246 DROID BIONIC
    oh my mistake. Quadrant records.. lol. well, while you're busy getting your email on screen .00032 seconds faster, my days long battery life makes your phone basically a desktop computer
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex View Post
    Ok quick question. What launcher is preferred by you guys? Nova, Apex, Stock, *Insert other here*???? I was using adw but from I know it's an awesome GB launcher, not so great for ics.
    I'm pretty partial to Holo (free version). It seems to do most of what I want. I've tried the ADW, Go and some of the others but I like having something that is fairly lights and simple. the stock launcher drives me a bit nuts now since it doesn't rotate to landscape (the apps do but not my home screens).
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pbsavages

oh my mistake. Quadrant records.. lol. well, while you're busy getting your email on screen .00032 seconds faster, my days long battery life makes your phone basically a desktop computer
    Lol i have no reduction in battery life at all where in the helll do people get the idea that if u OC ur battery dies faster cuz i have yet to see that

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

For those wondering about my background...I started on a vic 20 when I was 7.
    D@&m youngsters! Back in my day we had abacuses and darn happy to have them. You kids with your newfangled sillycone chips!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    Amcsocold
    Phone
    Bionic

Re: Wireless Moot

Quote Originally Posted by pbsavages View Post
    First, I uninstalled bloat. Yea, I used setcpu to underclock to 800MHz and to 300 when screen off. Yall are retarded for OCing to 1.4GHz, what can you possibly do with a telephone that fast? Set GTA III fps records? lol. I only turned on wifi and data when i needed it. and basically turned off the screen as fast as i can with a screen off widget haha. oh, probably the biggest thing is to only turn sync on and off only when you turn data or wifi on and off.
    Three words: because we can

ICS Droid Bionic
    FINALLY!! .247 courtesy of HoB
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Lol i have no reduction in battery life at all where in the helll do people get the idea that if u OC ur battery dies faster cuz i have yet to see that

ok sarge, lets see a screenshot of your battery life.

Sent from my 800 MHz Bionic

Wireless Moot-screenshot_2012-10-03-11-32-18.png
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875

The misconception that most people have is that the processor runs (1.404 Ghz in your case) full blast all the time. When OC'd it only runs full blast when needed.

EDIT: just to add, there are multiple levels that the processors runs, so most of the time it just limping along at 300 Mhz. Or what ever your low level is, OC can under clock too.
    Last edited by Just_AGuy; 10-03-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Links