Fun read wasn't it. LOL!
If I use the sdcard-ext method then it is really no different than waiting for OTA to push to my phone and install, what happens if that screws up my phone? From that point can I still do a recovery back to .905, I understand I can't once I have fully installed .246 but what happens if something gets screwed up during the upgrade. I assume this could happen regardless if I did it via HOB, sdcard-ext or OTA.
Okay, so RSD suddenly closed out. I wasn't watching it. The phone remained in AP Fastboot and, in accordance with the HoB instructions, I left it in AP Fastboot and continued. It asked me if I wanted to root the phone, I said yes, and then hit enter. It appears to be stuck in AP Fastboot, and the script is saying "Waiting for device..." with the daemon started successfully. It's not doing anything right now.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
Dude this should be put on the first post for all newcomers to the MOOT! xDPhew!!! After reading through around 130 pages, I'm finally caught up.
As I understand it:
1. There is a shortage of bacon.
2. .246 will almost certainly be the OTA.
3. Or is it .247....NO! Damn unicorn.
4. Intel > AMD
5. A. VZW makes people angry.
B. VZW will allow moto to control all updates for a flagship phone!
C. VZW will not charge extra monthly for dev phones!
D. Bigger fines for a VZW delay on OTA updates.
6. SamuriHL is getting crazy fast video conversions. I am really jealous. My conversions avg 2 hours.
7. There is now a thread for user name origins.
8. The HOB will you unf*** your phone on the later leaks in nearly every situation. Ask SgtMjrD...he bricked two phones in a half hour and for kicks bricked a third one.
9. Also, a bra serves as a secondary phone holder for women.
Seems like over that hundred pages I might have picked up more....oh well.