DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 653 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: Wireless Moot

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    We'll see. Android is getting to be too much like the PC world, where your phone needs to have certain specs to run an app. Too much crap like the "Tegra exclusive" titles going around. And half the stuff that works on other devices doesn't work on Moto's OMAP devices right out of the gate. And now they're even trying to fragment it even more by introducing new (to Android) CPU architechtures that are completely incompatible with ARM chipsets.
    Well honestly that kind of stuff isnt preventable with an open OS like this. YOu have to take the bad with the good. And in my opinion the good is wayyyyy better than the bad with Android.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Comiskeybum View Post
    Well honestly that kind of stuff isnt preventable with an open OS like this. YOu have to take the bad with the good. And in my opinion the good is wayyyyy better than the bad with Android.
    Yeah, but put yourself into the position of the average consumer, and not someone like us informed enough to deal with this BS. The average Bionic customer is STUCK on a 2 year old OS with no relief in sight, just a whole lot of what seem like empty promises. Most people I know who are not tech savvy actually think that Android blows goats, simply because their friend's "Android" can run apps that their "Android" cannot. The see that is not the case with iOS. And an open OS is only useful if the bootloader is unlocked, so the entire OS is truly open. If I cannot compile a ROM (AND a KERNEL) from AOSP, then the device is NOT "open" to me. It may as well be closed. An "open" device that is restricted is more frustrating than a closed device, IMHO. What fun is installing a custom ROM if it barely functions?
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    BTW, people should take most of what I am saying here with a grain of salt. Most of my posting is out of frustration for Verizon customers in general who own Motorola devices.

For the record, I actually LOVE my Bionic running .246

However, it took my knowledge of Android to get me to a point where I was comfortable getting there. The average person is still using .905; a build that should have failed testing. And didn't. 244 should have PASSED testing, and the idiots fail it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Yeah, but put yourself into the position of the average consumer, and not someone like us informed enough to deal with this BS. The average Bionic customer is STUCK on a 2 year old OS with no relief in sight, just a whole lot of what seem like empty promises. Most people I know who are not tech savvy actually think that Android blows goats, simply because their friend's "Android" can run apps that their "Android" cannot. The see that is not the case with iOS. And an open OS is only useful if the bootloader is unlocked, so the entire OS is truly open. If I cannot compile a ROM (AND a KERNEL) from AOSP, then the device is NOT "open" to me. It may as well be closed. An "open" device that is restricted is more frustrating than a closed device, IMHO. What fun is installing a custom ROM if it barely functions?
    IM sorry but what apps other than chrome run on ICS and not GB? Seriously. Friends that I have who are not tech savy love android because of its customization and overall build quality. I seriously doubt there are many POPULAR apps that dont run on GB as opposed to ICS.

By the way, my brother has an iPhone 3 and he said IOS 6 update "screwed up" some features on his phone. So this problem you speak of (fragmentation) isnt exclusive to Android.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    BTW, people should take most of what I am saying here with a grain of salt. Most of my posting is out of frustration for Verizon customers in general who own Motorola devices.

For the record, I actually LOVE my Bionic running .246

However, it took my knowledge of Android to get me to a point where I was comfortable getting there. The average person is still using .905; a build that should have failed testing. And didn't. 244 should have PASSED testing, and the idiots fail it.
    Me to, I love my Bionic running GB, other than the GPS slowless.

I find myself WANTING to hold onto a phone for longer periods of time than before, this is why I want my ICS update, because I might hang on to my bionic until middle of next year or even Q3.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Comiskeybum

Me to, I love my Bionic running GB, other than the GPS slowless.

I find myself WANTING to hold onto a phone for longer periods of time than before, this is why I want my ICS update, because I might hang on to my bionic until middle of next year or even Q3.
    Love 246 here are some pics for the people who doubted that the bionic was the most powerful smartphone

Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20120924_181134.png

Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20120924_181146.png

Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20120924_181157.png

Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20120924_181208.png

Wireless Moot-forumrunner_20120924_181218.png
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord

Love 246 here are some pics for the people who doubted that the bionic was the most powerful smartphone
    I love my Bionic, and I'm still stuck on .905, unrooted. Really looking forward to ICS.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaiboi View Post
    I love my Bionic, and I'm still stuck on .905, unrooted. Really looking forward to ICS.
    same here. i did purchase the OEM extended battery from Amazon a couple months ago. Gotta love having a huge battery on the Bionic.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    Wait...you mean VZW didn't invent cellphones? They didn't create the Bionic? Surely you must be mistaken...I mean they have their logo right next to my mouthpiece on my phone all fancy like. I'm in shock!!! The world is a lie!!!!
    Logos not next to my mouthpiece. Did the penny trick and it is GONE!!!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Comiskeybum View Post
    same here. i did purchase the OEM extended battery from Amazon a couple months ago. Gotta love having a huge battery on the Bionic.
    i had one, now i just have multiple small batteries that allow me to swap in and out when they die

Links