wow this is nice... it's smooth as butter and already has better battery life than what I was on.
of course same issues as google voice not working and no camera... I think I can live without a video camera for a while, I really don't want to go back to ICS after this.
Installed. Now setting up various apps and services. Pretty smooth so far.
Camera isn't working even camera 360, but haven't tried rebooting yet. Will try tomorrow - plus bluetooth pairing and streaming. Really hope that's working.
Big ups to the development teams, dhacker, and hashcode. Impressive work guys. Bionic lives!
So long ICS. Never looking back.
- 4G works, takes a little longer to obtain a signal after it's lost compared to ICS leaks but it does work and signal remains strong once acquired.
- BT pairing and audio streaming works. Had to adjust the volume to get sound to 'activate' but it's fine.
- Camera doesn't work, as expected. Camera360 is my alternative anyway, worked after 1st reboot. The only thing is... if you open the camera app, then no other camera apps will work after that. Need to reboot again. I will try to 'freeze' the Gallery app (since it's tied to the camera) in TB to try and get rid of stock Camera from the app drawer so I don't make that mistake again.
- Battery life is... not great but not bad. On par with ICS leaks. I do sync everything from 2 Google accounts, FB, Twitter, Dropbox, and a couple of accounts. There's a lot of background stuff going on in my phone.
- The JB UI improvements really shine through. More frames of animation, overall smoother performance (not as good as GNex though).
- Also... one of my biggest gripes with ICS leaks was volume management. Couldn't link the ringtone and notification volumes. No such issue with this build and life is better because of it.
Honestly, this is daily driver-able for me. I'd imagine it would be for many others too in this community who are inclined to put up with a little tinkering. Again, great job to all those who made this possible.
Update 2, 9/26:
- Audio doesn't work while car docked, including BT streaming. That's a killer.
- Some widgets disappear after a couple of reboots. Beautiful widgets, Sound Hound, etc. SwiftKey 3 was also disabled without my knowledge. Could be annoying.
- Instagram doesn't work. Bar code scanner works with a simple settings tweak.
- Just getting into CM customizations, but profiles are also little wonky and audio effects with MusicFX closes abruptly.
- Still happy with overall performance, hopefully battery holds up over time.
Just installed it today. Took a little while for it to lock on to wifi but then worked great. only issue I can find is the camera. can't use my lapdock though on this bionic. I have another one though that I still have on stock. Camera 360 works fine. Instagram does not btw.
Lomo Camera works for me. Awesome ROM love the JB speed, cant wait to see what devs do with it. Makes waiting for Note 2 way easier
Yeah, this is a keeper for me. Hopefully the updates will allow for dirty flashing, but I can batch TB
Anyone know of a fix for mms messages?
-I haz Bionic
One tiny issue I have (well, not really an issue, an oddity). When I rotate my phone, the screen momentarily shrinks down to about 60% of the usual size and the goes fullscreen. Is that intentional, or some weird thing with the video driver? Running 9/24 stock kernel build.
I installed this in Tuesday. I have used as it as a daily driver since. I have only had a couple of issues so far.
I have data 99% of the time, having only had it drop out two times, toggling between airplane mode, and rebooting did not restore it; however, it was only out for a couple of minutes each time.
Most of my apps are playing well with this. The have almost all updated since I have installed. The only one that hasn't is Opera,and it is the one app that doesn't play nice with JB.
I have the issue of the screen shrinking when I rotate.
I have had one random reboot.
Google search has stopped a couple of times, most of the time it works very well. I have been using it a lot and it keeps getting better, remember that is a program that will only realy work if you use it, and use it consistantly.
Overall I'm very pleased with this. The changes are subtle, and I'm sure many average users wouldn't really even notice, but those of us who pour over every little detail of our phones; the changes are remarkable. This just increases my fury over the time it is taking for the Bionic to get ICS, and the debate over wether or not the Bionic will get JB. This build proves that this device can run JB as well as any on the market!
GET ON IT MOTO AND VZW!!!!!!!!
Dave, re: screen rotation
At some point in the past @hashcode0f said that it was due to the way an interface was written for moto's display, forget exact terms, but it was addressed in cm9 so I guess a similar fix will need to be found/written for JB.
The 9/27 build is quite a bit smaller than 9/24. Wondering if I can dirty flash this. Forget if they were wiping during install. Guess I'll nandroid and find out. Will do so when I get off work :)
-I haz Bionic
I don't see the phone signal status in the status bar - disabled in this build or is there a setting that's hiding it?
I installed the most recent stock edition of JB and really like it. Smooth and faster than the .2233 ICS leak I am running on the unsafe side. A few irks, like GMail notification doesn't seem to pop up, FB widget seems to become unresponsive requiring removal and replacement. I had steady data connection last night away from my usual wifi connection, although 3g, but it was responsive and no disconnects. I installed over a previous JB leak, so I didn't wipe and everything is running fine. Google Play immediately updated all my apps. I took a picture using CameraZoom FX, but didn't try using a flash yet.
Kudos to the devs.
Any suggestions for a good JB launcher?