DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Motorola updates Bionic ICS Update Schedule

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Actually, I THINK it was hidden for now until the events discussed within have passed. To keep certain information from becoming more public than it already has. I am extremely pissed off though, as I had made it to "Droid Sensei" - now i'm back to freaking "Droid Ninja" again. I think the post counts should stand, as even if the posts have disappeared I still put lots of effort into most of them. I feel like DF has stolen from me at this point.
    well it was the only damage control we could do at that point... oh well bye bye to my like and post count, back to a jr droid haha
  2. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I am extremely pissed off though, as I had made it to "Droid Sensei" - now i'm back to freaking "Droid Ninja" again. I think the post counts should stand, as even if the posts have disappeared I still put lots of effort into most of them. I feel like DF has stolen from me at this point.
    Well, you could become a DF Supporting Member and can make it say whatever you want it to.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709

Well, you could become a DF Supporting Member and can make it say whatever you want it to.
    I kind of like that idea, and forgot that it was an option really. I am here reading everything going on all the time, just don't post much. But still willing to put up the money to show my support. These forums with the knowledge gained are well worth the investment any day.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    **** that times up
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    What few people understand is if you give up on ICS for Bionic, you're essentially doing what Verizon wants you to do. They're purposefully delaying the update so that the Bionic misses it until its update timeframe expires, forcing people to switch to a newer phone. That's bad for people who have unlimited data plans, because Verizon made it so when you use your upgrade discount to get a new phone, you're forced to go onto the ShareEverything plan, which gives you a GB data limit.

I have a feeling that Verizon has become annoyed of the Bionic. Because of its odd development back in 2011, it actually ended up being a more powerful phone than anyone anticipated, and even today it's still able to run the latest software perfectly. It has all the specs it needs to do so smoothly on JB, and Verizon realized that they'll lose sales because of it.

So Verizon would rather people switch to a new phone than keep the Bionic because they don't want people getting a major new software update scott free, but they also want people to get rid of their grandfathered unlimited data plans.

That's why I'm staying on the Bionic until ICS comes out, and I'm keeping it right until the end of my two years, because after screwing us and Motorola and Google over with the Bionic's software updates, they don't at all deserve to get what they want from us.
    Last edited by Lodmot; 09-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic on 246
    If Big Red S*its on us, and all of this has blown over, why not get the FCC involved. I am sure Google would be happy to cooperate with them considering how terrible and underhanded they (V) have been about this. Verizon is not a favorite of the FCC and I am sure they would not mind fining them AGAIN for their dirty, underhanded, backstabbing business decisions. If it is proven (would not be hard to do) that they were doing what they were accused of, the FCC would have their lunch, snack AND dinner!! I have 18 months left on my contract and unless they get their mess together, I will switch to another carrier. I do love their service, but their business practices and customer service are despicable.
    vzwdroidtech likes this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Glad I got to read the leak thread this morning before it was closed and removed! Interesting stuff!!! I am very disappointed with the new timeline of Q4 however, bionic shafted again..
    CaptianSpiffy likes this.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    kdwisdom
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, ICS-Rooted!!
    I hate to admit it to a community of Droid users, of which I have been since the OG Droid, but I'm considering getting the iPhone 5 in May when my upgrade is due.

There are a lot of reasons. One is just to mix it up, the updates in Android are so spread out that I don't feel there is enough changes over the course of having the phone for 2 years that I get a little bored. Apple is a lot better of releasing updates on a regular basis.

Also, I think that I'll enjoy Android more if I mix it up with an iPhone.

But my mind won't be made up until May. If there is an amazing phone out that is a Droid at that time, then I will. Surely most new phones released at that time will be JB, so it could change my mind.

Time will tell. I just don't like waiting forever. We all know it works on the phone, so its silly to have to wait. One of the major perks to me about Android is the ability to continue to load new OS's to it as they come out but if we constantly have to follow leaks rather than Verizon getting their act together with Google then it is just a bit of a pain.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Well, to each their own. I'm still sticking with my decision to keep my Bionic for two years. I love this phone. And eventually I want to fix it up nicely. I plan to totally replace the front with an all new metal bezel and new gorilla glass, and I'm going to get a screen protector and case for the phone (something I never did when I first got it XP). Besides, as an IT professional I want to learn how to fix Android phones.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I love my bionic as well. Despite the constant data problems. I had an Eris before the bionic so i'm used to disappointment!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Links