DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 141
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Motorola updates Bionic ICS Update Schedule

  1. Junior Droid
    vzwdroidtech's Avatar
    Member #
    15222
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    See above
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    DROID by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by symbiontsoul View Post
    So with the q4 timeline for ICS I doubt the bionic will be one of the moto phones from 2011 that get JB by end of 2012...anyone going to take the $100?
    Absolutely NOT!. Depending on how bad this turns out, I'm heading to Sprint and likely any brand BUT Motorola.

    That part is up to Mr. Soni.
  2. Senior Droid
    Just_AGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    290968
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Muahahahahaha even better with a few tweaks
    How hot is it running? I realize it's not running full boat all the time but....
  3. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_AGuy
    How hot is it running? I realize it's not running full boat all the time but....
    About 38 C
  4. Senior Droid
    Just_AGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    290968
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    About 38 C
    Can I assume you didn't take the temp after it was in your pocket? That's nothing I bet mine is running that hot in my pocket.
  5. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_AGuy
    Can I assume you didn't take the temp after it was in your pocket? That's nothing I bet mine is running that hot in my pocket.
    Even in my pocket the highest i have seen is 40 C
  6. Senior Droid
    Just_AGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    290968
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875
    Who OC are you using?
  7. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_AGuy
    Who OC are you using?
    Tweakerz OC
  8. Senior Droid
    sk102704's Avatar
    Member #
    204523
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Motorola updated the timeline again and while there wasn't any change for the Bionic, the Atrix 4g, Photon 4g, and the Electrify will not be getting ICS. Sucks for them.
  9. Junior Droid
    noogie186's Avatar
    Member #
    232624
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    motorola bionic

    bionic update

    after much research and with my exp w my own bionic and vz, im thinkin that vz is pulling the strings and that if delay after delay will get customers to chuck their bionic and pick up a new phone, and a new contract, that makes good $en$e to vz and thats what they are doing. vz didnt get their position by being 'nice guys', so to speak...although i have no complaints about their cust service, they have always been great when i needed them...but clearly, if bionic users just continue to upgrade software and not purchase new phones, seems that vz will lose a little...but keep in mind that when u buy a phone on a contract, some of your monthly bill goes to the price of the phone...after 2 years, that amount is still bein paid by you, cuz you do not see a decrease in your bill. anyway, mho...my plan is to keep mine as long as it will run and to upgrade at every opp.
  10. Senior Droid
    sk102704's Avatar
    Member #
    204523
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by noogie186
    after much research and with my exp w my own bionic and vz, im thinkin that vz is pulling the strings and that if delay after delay will get customers to chuck their bionic and pick up a new phone, and a new contract, that makes good $en$e to vz and thats what they are doing. vz didnt get their position by being 'nice guys', so to speak...although i have no complaints about their cust service, they have always been great when i needed them...but clearly, if bionic users just continue to upgrade software and not purchase new phones, seems that vz will lose a little...but keep in mind that when u buy a phone on a contract, some of your monthly bill goes to the price of the phone...after 2 years, that amount is still bein paid by you, cuz you do not see a decrease in your bill. anyway, mho...my plan is to keep mine as long as it will run and to upgrade at every opp.
    Plus when you buy a new phone you're going to lose your unlimited data plan (unless you buy it unsubsidized) and the Bionic was the last high end smartphone that had the option.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [HOW TO] get updates on your modified Motorola DROID Bionic
    By wicked in forum Droid Bionic Hacks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 01:45 PM
  2. Motorola Releases Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade Schedule
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 11:39 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 09:31 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic ics

,
bionic ics update
,
bionic jelly bean update
,

droid bionic ics

,

droid bionic ics update

,
droid bionic ics update schedule
,
droid bionic update
,
ics upgrade for droid bionic
,
motorola ics update schedule
,

motorola update schedule

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+