DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Want to replace my screen

  1. Master Droid
    Lodmot's Avatar
    Member #
    292217
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #1

    Want to replace my screen

    So i dropped my phone today when my friend lept on me and hugged me. I think i may have cracked the screen from the drop, but im not sure. Even though the crack really isnt that bad it upsets me that my phone is really banged up. I love my Bionic, and I want to restore it. I plan on buying a new metal bezel for it, new gorilla glass, and possibly a rubber case and screen protector too.

    But the question is where will i find replacement gorilla glass for the Bionic? I found some sellers on eBay that have it for like 20-30 bucks, but are those screens REAL genuine gorilla glass?

    Thanks for the help.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    24-FREKKIN-7, BAYBAY!!!!!! 8D

    See my own original Atari 2600 games! o;
    Game Catcher - Auto Mayhem - Ghost

    http://www.megatoxic.com for more random games I've made over the years.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    drew96dawg's Avatar
    Member #
    258491
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mobile Al
    Posts
    1,113
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    #2
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006INU0TO/..._am_us?ie=UTF8
    I'm fairly sure this one is legit since its being sold by motorola

    Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
  4. Master Droid
    Lodmot's Avatar
    Member #
    292217
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Dude thats awesome! I thought it was going to be like 96 dollars. Thank you. ^^

    Now i just need a bezel (easy to found) and case and screen protector. :3

    My Bionic is my baby. XD

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    24-FREKKIN-7, BAYBAY!!!!!! 8D

    See my own original Atari 2600 games! o;
    Game Catcher - Auto Mayhem - Ghost

    http://www.megatoxic.com for more random games I've made over the years.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodmot View Post
    Dude thats awesome! I thought it was going to be like 96 dollars. Thank you. ^^

    Now i just need a bezel (easy to found) and case and screen protector. :3

    My Bionic is my baby. XD

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Well, I WOULD recommend the Otterbox Defender. But those are like $40, it's cheaper just to replace the top digitizer/bezel *LMAO* Although using an Otterbox is much easier. I have THROWN my phone to the ground, kicked it around a room, and had it slide off a roof. The phone is pristine, the Otterbox itself has a couple of small gouges in the plastic frame around the bezel area. In other words, it absorbed the impact that would have shattered the screen. My brother sold me on the Defender when I had my iPhone 4. Told me how he got in an argument with his ex, and threw his phone THROUGH a sheetrock wall. The only thing that happened was the Otterbox got dusty.
  6. Master Droid
    giant25's Avatar
    Member #
    23608
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    299
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, retired D1
    #5
    I would recommend buying a digitizer with bezel attached. Check out some of my previous posts on this. I replaced my screen and it was so easy when you didn't have to reseal the digitizer to the bezel, that looks messy, time consuming, and is harder to make look new again. I'm sure it can be done, but for me it was worth a few extra bucks. Not sure if they're still around, but I gone mine on ebay from seller "leading-wireless." It cam from overseas but worked out great. Go watch some videos on screen replacement and read up and you'll be fine. The reviews on the Amazon one look mixed, like it may be a knock off. Good luck.
  7. Master Droid
    Lodmot's Avatar
    Member #
    292217
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #6
    I looked for leading-wireless on ebay and found him, but he didn't have any more digitizer + bezel combos for the Bionic.
    One person has it, but it's coming from freaking Hong Kong, and it's 60 bucks:
    TOUCH SCREEN DIGITIZER GLASS + FRONT COVER FRAME FOR DROID BIONIC 4G XT875 MB875 | eBay

    So I'm kinda not sure what to do...
  8. Droid Ninja
    drew96dawg's Avatar
    Member #
    258491
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mobile Al
    Posts
    1,113
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodmot View Post
    Dude thats awesome! I thought it was going to be like 96 dollars. Thank you. ^^

    Now i just need a bezel (easy to found) and case and screen protector. :3

    My Bionic is my baby. XD

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    No problem, glad I could help you .

    Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
  9. Master Droid
    welsalex's Avatar
    Member #
    230590
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    560
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Well, I WOULD recommend the Otterbox Defender. But those are like $40, it's cheaper just to replace the top digitizer/bezel *LMAO* Although using an Otterbox is much easier. I have THROWN my phone to the ground, kicked it around a room, and had it slide off a roof. The phone is pristine, the Otterbox itself has a couple of small gouges in the plastic frame around the bezel area. In other words, it absorbed the impact that would have shattered the screen. My brother sold me on the Defender when I had my iPhone 4. Told me how he got in an argument with his ex, and threw his phone THROUGH a sheetrock wall. The only thing that happened was the Otterbox got dusty.
    My girl managed to powerslam her phone from standing position into the top of a desk, it bounced off hit the wall and the case (otto defender) exploded off. Phone wouldn't boot after. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....
    Droid BIONIC
  10. Master Droid
    Lodmot's Avatar
    Member #
    292217
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex View Post
    My girl managed to powerslam her phone from standing position into the top of a desk, it bounced off hit the wall and the case (otto defender) exploded off. Phone wouldn't boot after. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....
    LOL! Dude that's awesome! xDDDDDDDD
  11. Master Droid
    giant25's Avatar
    Member #
    23608
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    299
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, retired D1
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodmot View Post
    I looked for leading-wireless on ebay and found him, but he didn't have any more digitizer + bezel combos for the Bionic.
    One person has it, but it's coming from freaking Hong Kong, and it's 60 bucks:
    TOUCH SCREEN DIGITIZER GLASS + FRONT COVER FRAME FOR DROID BIONIC 4G XT875 MB875 | eBay

    So I'm kinda not sure what to do...
    Yeah, mine came from Hong Kong too. Not sure what to tell you here other than to watch the you tube videos and decide if getting the full assembly is really that important. It might not be that bad to seal the bezel, but not sure.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replace d2g screen.
    By Iamdroid2 in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 11:43 PM
  2. Can I replace my screen?
    By kicker8622 in forum LG Ally
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:59 PM
  3. Looking for a video of how to replace the screen.
    By ZBacks in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
  4. How do you replace the screen on a Droid X?
    By PF76 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
  5. Replace LCD Screen (Incredible)
    By maplewood in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Search tags for this page

can i replace my droid 2 screen with my droid 1 screen?
,
droid bionic screen and bazel
,
how easy is it to replace the screen on droid bionic
,
how to replace the cracked screen on my droid bionic
,

otterbox defender screen replacement

,

otterbox replacement screens

,

replacement screen for otterbox defender

,
where can i get the glass replaced on my droid 2
,
where can i get the screen on my phone fixed in mobile al
,
where can i replace the screen on my andriod
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+