DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bionic update on Punit Soni's Radar.

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    Think about it. Given past history he would be a fool to say anything that could be construed as specific before they pull the trigger on a push.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    In a way, yes. Moto tried this approach once. The missed a projected release date. The public tried to crucify them over it.
    Which is exactly what they have done with ICS for the Bionic. Early 3rd quarter is over by any definition of early 3rd quarter. He is in damage control mode for that broken promise, which is cool. He manned up and said they messed up. He sounds sincere and very interested and aware of the problem. And it sounded like he was already on the case before these posts. He talks about how hard it is to change the course of a large org. I work in a large org that isn't as big as Moto and he is right. It is hard, very hard even if you are the boss. I measure people and orgs not by the mistakes they make, but but how they try and correct those mistakes.

Until he proves otherwise I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    For me, his vague answers seem to indicate that ICS may be not released anytime soon. Hope I am wrong.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    bionic
    How come I have a picture in my head that ICS is pretty solid and the problem is at verizon or Moto management where they look at it and say "you didnt put enough bloatware on it" "these ad-ins aren't intrusive enough" "How come this OS is as fast as native ics?" "Is there some way you can make this use more battery?" "This is way too easy to uninstall our crapware"
    "You need to fix this or they may never upgrade!"
    Those poor engineers at moto.
    How about a Letterman top 10 reasons why ICS is still not released on Bionic.

#10 With ICS Bionic will become the one device to rule them all and the only way to destroy them will be to throw them into the mouth of Mt Doom!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    He said today that ICS should be coming in early Q4...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I figure it like this, I bought my bionic on 9/8/2011 and for the most part have enjoyed it. I am tired of promises however but I am glad to at least hear something. I just don't don't a lot of faith in what I hear. I will wait until march then see. If nothing then I have no choice but to get a new phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I bought my Bionic based on my positive experience with the original Droid. I was very upset to learn that the Bionic (and all subsequent Motorola phones) have encrypted boot loaders. The recent news that Motorola will unencrypt the boot loaders of all of their recent phones BUT the Bionic, combined with the endless delays of ICS, and Verizon's own culpability in a lot of this has pretty much made my decision for me. At the end of my current contract, my next phone will be a Nexus phone, and most likely on T-Mobile.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Yes, things have been handled poorly. We know now that the Bionic is now front and center in the spotlight and things WILL change. We've been patient thus far, we have now beat the poor guy over the head repeatedly. Give him time.

Cure takes a while to soak in and take effect. Changes are coming not only to Moto, but perhaps to then Android landscape.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    I see everyone posting on Mr. Soni' G+. It's exciting to see a higher up reaching out directly to the people.

However I've noticed comments on his account are bleeding out from the one "thread" to a few other posts he has going. I've posted in said areas noting how "spamming" his whole G+ is disrespectful and inconsiderate.

Like is said above, he has been "beaten over the head" and now the Bionic seems to be of top concern! Let's all be proactive and Thank Punit Soni, rather than continuing to beat on him.

JOY TO THE WORLD, MOTOROLA IS CHANGING!
    BJLDroid likes this.
    Droid BIONIC
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    Yeah. The poor guy is getting absolutely dogpiled by people that haven't read the thread. Sound familiar?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links