DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: let's vote when the Bionic will finally get ICS

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709

Same way you can say when ICS will come out. Anyone's guess is as good as another's at this point.
    This is true.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid BIONIC
    I think because they only said Q4, and how they have bs'd in the past... it will most likely be mid November or late December... I'm not getting my hopes up though...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545)
    Quote Originally Posted by donzz View Post
    To quote the guy that said I'd save $8000 /year on fuel, I'll bet that much it'll be in December.
    Being one of the 47%, I can't be personally responsible for my bets.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JaeL41
    I think because they only said Q4, and how they have bs'd in the past... it will most likely be mid November or late December... I'm not getting my hopes up though...
    Right?!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Bionic ICS
    Eh.. just like my sig says from February. I predicted we'd get screwed over by Motorola. Just seeing how our phone was treated before 2012 began I knew it wasn't going to be a pretty picture.

I still think Q4 is pretty darn likely for ICS. It's all but written that we'll get it this quarter. I can't imagine Motorola would be dumb enough to push off ICS until Q1 2013 unless we were getting a direct upgrade to JB. I don't think that's very likely though. Considering the comments in the moot thread mention that 247 has changes that appear to be pre-JB fixes it seems to me that we stand a better chance of getting JB than we did a week ago.

Right now, my biggest "concern" with us getting JB is the number of people ditching the Bionic. I'm pretty sure Verizon has a way to quickly check the total number of Bionics on their network. My guess is if that number goes too low then Motorola won't give us JB because they won't see a "return on their investment". I'm talking strictly from a monetary point of view. I don't think they give a rat's a** about if they have a small number of happy customers or not. They only care about $$$. At that point they'll really only be updating the phone so the used Bionics that are out there will compete with other newer phones. And let's face it.. Motorola wants us to buy more new phones and not used ones!

So, in my opinion... if there aren't enough Bionics out there, we won't see JB. I firmly believe this is why the Atrix 4G didn't get ICS. That phone is 21 months old and while the hardware isn't that bad I'm betting a lot of Atrix 4G users have upgraded and only a small (but obviously vocal) group are still using the phone.
    Last edited by josh1980; 10-05-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    Expected ICS late Q3 or Q4(2012). I called it back in February 2012!

Now Expecting JB late Q2 2013. I called it back in October 2012!

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4, was Dx, was Bionic
    I don't think it's quite fair to say they don't care about happy customers. At some point, they have to care about happy customers, otherwise there will be no $$. Whether we like it or not, shipping new phones is the reality, and when you don't keep up and push the market, well, look at where RIM is today.

I want ICS as much as the next guy, but wait... I'm on ICS on my Bionic. So nevermind. Unless you're having a specific issue that's not fixed in one of the available leaked builds, the only thing that OTA will give us is a final blessed build and no further reason to gripe on the forums, no?

My vote/guess - OTA build 249 will soak on Oct 29 and get pushed on Oct 31.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Caren4u2
    Well....now I'm gonna say Juvember 32nd.
    Who's gonna take the $100 if this doesn't happen?
    Juvember 32nd?? We are already past that date! I don't think it will be until the fourth week of Decembruary now (and that's a maybe)!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazebeats

Upgrade is 18 months under normal circumstances, you can do at 12 months if you call and complain

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Who do you call...Ghostbusters?
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokkerdmr View Post
    I don't think it's quite fair to say they don't care about happy customers. At some point, they have to care about happy customers, otherwise there will be no $$. Whether we like it or not, shipping new phones is the reality, and when you don't keep up and push the market, well, look at where RIM is today.

I want ICS as much as the next guy, but wait... I'm on ICS on my Bionic. So nevermind. Unless you're having a specific issue that's not fixed in one of the available leaked builds, the only thing that OTA will give us is a final blessed build and no further reason to gripe on the forums, no?

My vote/guess - OTA build 249 will soak on Oct 29 and get pushed on Oct 31.
    How can I acquire the 247 leaked version? Is it on the site somewhere? Or a link to it maybe?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBBLE6S View Post
    How can I acquire the 247 leaked version? Is it on the site somewhere? Or a link to it maybe?
    Go to the Wireless Moot thread - find a post by SamuriHL and then look in his Sig. There are 2 links in it that should have all the information you should need along with download links.

Just read it carefully, and thoroughly, follow instructions and it works well for most.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Links