DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 535
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Leak .242?

  1. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by deduct View Post
    Thats incredible! Im at 14 hours and 30%....232 leak, 4g at all times, 50% screen brightness and light usage. Extended battery. And i thought that was decent. U use standard battery right? Do you run 4g? What's your screen brightness set to? And are you using smart actions? Or any other battery saving app? I am curious whether or not i will see this kind of battery life when i am finally running 242. Or whichever build the ota will be.
    13 hours 45 minutes 80%...

    Standard battery. Just now set up my smart actions. 4G, yes, but, I've been on wifi all day. A few rounds of song pop and lots of email checking. Whether you get this kind of battery life or not depends on a lot of factors that truly can only be sorted out first hand.
  2. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Not true ur HoB will brick the crap out of a phone as it is if u use my custom fxz
    You misunderstand. The HoB doesn't care. It's up to the user to give it the right files.
  3. Senior Droid
    LaurelRaven's Avatar
    Member #
    237044
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_garrett View Post
    I've got to admit, there's a significant improvement in power management on this release over .238. 238 was draining my battery while using GPS on the car charger. Just got back from a trip and .242 is handling a bunch of jobs and still charging.
    I had this issue on 229 as well...I thought it was just overheating too much, and I've been avoiding using it during my commute lately because of it. I'll give it another chance now that I've upgraded to 242..

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  4. Droid Ninja
    deduct's Avatar
    Member #
    237604
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,514
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL

    13 hours 45 minutes 80%...

    Standard battery. Just now set up my smart actions. 4G, yes, but, I've been on wifi all day. A few rounds of song pop and lots of email checking. Whether you get this kind of battery life or not depends on a lot of factors that truly can only be sorted out first hand.
    Thanks. Wow! I am impressed. I may have to look into smart actions after all. I have a little, but was turned off by the fact that it shuts off 4g when phone is idle. It would be worth it for that kind of battery life however. Looking forward to it.
  5. Senior Droid
    LaurelRaven's Avatar
    Member #
    237044
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by hAHAha Halo View Post
    Wow, it's like I come back to this thread every few days and it's got 10 new pages.. Anyways, do we have any further information as to when at least something will happen? Other than the fact that the soak will not be starting today -.- I'm kinda guessing that because the ways are unfolding, we're not going to get an update until October.. At this point, we can't really put the blame on Verizon alone or Motorola alone, they're both to blame. They both played favorites, and they've both treated us terribly.

    Some will argue its Verizon's fault because they're the ones to push the updates. I disagree because you could tell the Bionic wasn't really Motorola's focus for the PAST - *ahem* YEAR - so, it's both of their fault for putting us off this long. And yes, just so you know: The Bionic will officially be a year old on the 8th.

    Droid RAZR
    Released: November 11th (11/11/11)
    ICS OTA Update: June 30th (6/30/12)
    Time from launch to update: 6 months

    Droid Bionic
    Released: September 8th (9/8/11)
    ICS OTA Update: TBA
    Time from launch to update: >1 Year
    That's just disgusting.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  6. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by deduct View Post
    Thanks. Wow! I am impressed. I may have to look into smart actions after all. I have a little, but was turned off by the fact that it shuts off 4g when phone is idle. It would be worth it for that kind of battery life however. Looking forward to it.
    As I said, I set up smart action night mode about an hour ago so it didn't factor in much today for the battery life.
  7. Master Droid
    jayrod's Avatar
    Member #
    280416
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wilmington NC
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    12 hours off charger and I'm at 90% still. I'd call that an improvement.
    I just hope once the dust settles and MotoVerizon send out the final product OTA, that I can get close to the results with battery life as you have. For the brief time I was on. 232 I was really happy with battery even though I didn't touch any of the bloatware. Smart actions were better than these GB settings even though I did just use default settings...and not dropping data and having player buttons on my lock screen and...yeah, I like how nice ICS was.
    Boo for me taking the only free time to clean up my phone and reverting!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

    Devices: Droid Bionic,OG RAZR,RAZR M, Galaxy S4
  8. Senior Droid
    maaybraak's Avatar
    Member #
    261033
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    With all the other builds, I've only noticed marginal improvements here and there. Honestly tho, this .242 build has been head and shoulders above the others. I was tempted to stay on .238 because I was satisfied w/how things were going (at least I thought I was). Battery life has been improved so much it's pathetic, games and graphics are much smoother, and the interface seems to be a little more polished. This is the first build that I have been completely satisfied with.

    Sent from my ICED .242 DROID BIONIC
  9. Senior Droid
    LaurelRaven's Avatar
    Member #
    237044
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by maaybraak View Post
    With all the other builds, I've only noticed marginal improvements here and there. Honestly tho, this .242 build has been head and shoulders above the others. I was tempted to stay on .238 because I was satisfied w/how things were going (at least I thought I was). Battery life has been improved so much it's pathetic, games and graphics are much smoother, and the interface seems to be a little more polished. This is the first build that I have been completely satisfied with.

    Sent from my ICED .242 DROID BIONIC
    I absolutely agree. I can easily see this as the OTA. Hell, compared to all of the other updates they sent us OTA, this one is unbelievable!

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  10. Senior Droid
    dautley's Avatar
    Member #
    176808
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dickson, Tn.
    Posts
    244
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I really never noticed before but it seems they turned down the defult screen brightness a little from .232 to .242 any one?
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid 4 flashing leak to leak help.
    By Usuallyfaded in forum Droid 4 ROMS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 06:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 08:51 PM
  3. [FROYO ROM][LEAK] DL30 Leak & AOSP Lockscreen mod
    By TAPOUT27 in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM
  4. rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak
    By drod2169 in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 737
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 06:07 AM
  5. Rubix Focused 1.9.0 leak and non leak versions
    By theidoctor in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 10:39 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic 242
,
bionic 6.7.242
,
bionic ics
,
bionic ics .242
,
bionic ics 242
,
droid bionic .242
,

droid bionic 242

,
droid bionic ics
,
hob bionic
,
ics 242 bionic
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+