DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help! Cracked Droid Bionic Screen!

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by giant25 View Post
    I finally got around to replacing my wife's Bionic screen. I was very glad I bought a digitizer with bezel already attached, made things so much easier. Just watch the videos and read the repairsuniverse guide a few times. I made sure to not touch the inside of the screen, but specs still ended up showing a bit on the inside when I was done. I highly recommend shining a light at different angles on the screen to find these specs and clean them off with a lint free rag before closing it all up. Everything else went really well. Good luck to anyone else who goes for it.
    I've found after doing this several times that the air indoors contains lots of airborne particles, and more often than not the outdoor air contains less particulates. In fact, after a thunder or rain storm the air outdoors is as close to 100% free of airborne particles as it can ever be since the rain catches them and washes them to the ground, so if you want to do replacements of screens and avoid any dust particles, do it outside and if at all possible after a rain storm. What Makes the Air Cleaner After a Thunderstorm? | eHow.com

I've also found that static electric charge on the screen's glass attracts the particulates, so am anti-static spray cleaner that repels dust works well to keep the particulates from attaching. Here's one example of such a spray >> http://www.aztek.com/Anti%20Static%2...20Cleaner.html, or you can use a home-made cleaner and finish up with a fabric softener sheet to do it your self... >> http://www.ehow.com/way_5852194_home...s-cleaner.html

FYI
    Last edited by FoxKat; 09-19-2012 at 06:59 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    I've found after doing this several times that the air indoors contains lots of airborne particles, and more often than not the outdoor air contains less particulates. In fact, after a thunder or rain storm the air outdoors is as close to 100% free of airborne particles as it can ever be since the rain catches them and washes them to the ground, so if you want to do replacements of screens and avoid any dust particles, do it outside and if at all possible after a rain storm. What Makes the Air Cleaner After a Thunderstorm? | eHow.com
    If you run the shower and steam up the bathroom, and then let the steam settle, that works well too; especially for those not living in rain prone areas. I've seen that recommended for installing screen protectors, as well.
    FoxKat likes this.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    If you run the shower and steam up the bathroom, and then let the steam settle, that works well too; especially for those not living in rain prone areas. I've seen that recommended for installing screen protectors, as well.
    THAT'S a great suggestion...damn, why didn't I think of that! Way to go, Dave! I've used the other method when installing screen protectors as well. You have trumped me.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links