DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: No ICS update for atleast 2 months until around november

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

No ICS update for atleast 2 months until around november

FYI. I spoke with a motorola customer service rep who said that the ICS update would not be pushed out to phones until around November for at least 2 months.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kdlawren
    FYI. I spoke with a motorola customer service rep who said that the ICS update would not be pushed out to phones until around November for at least 2 months.
    Service reps dont know anything only tier 2 reps have an idea of when but even then they are not right soo yeah i call bs
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    It was a teir 2 rep
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by kdlawren
    It was a teir 2 rep
    Did u talk to the first person to answer the phone or did u specifically ask for tier 2? Also they are like vzw reps they dont know crap till last minute if 3 days to a week in advanced if its really 2 months out they wouldnt know plus motorola stated it would be pushed out in early to mid quarter 3 ur saying its not coming out to mid to end of quarter 4 plus they have had solid leaks if they were really 2 months out we would be seeing the first leak now an not in june so for future reference dont ever believe vzw or moto reps unless u know that they have good connections on the inside like droid life.com does
  5. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Seriously, we had a "supervisor" say back in December 2011 that we'd have ICS by January of this year.

Do you have a name so this can be verified?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709
    Seriously, we had a "supervisor" say back in December 2011 that we'd have ICS by January of this year.

Do you have a name so this can be verified?
    ^ +1 we need solid evidence also i believe what pushed ICS out so far was the Bionic fiasco they had all their engineers working on the bionic that ics was put on stand by IMHO
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    Underscore_Hero
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Since the Droid 4 is getting ICS already, and I think the builds aren't too different, it should be coming soon for the bionic. Maybe it's an issue with the code or some ****, idk.
    Droid Bionic Stock ROM rooted
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Did u talk to the first person to answer the phone or did u specifically ask for tier 2? Also they are like vzw reps they dont know crap till last minute if 3 days to a week in advanced if its really 2 months out they wouldnt know plus motorola stated it would be pushed out in early to mid quarter 3 ur saying its not coming out to mid to end of quarter 4 plus they have had solid leaks if they were really 2 months out we would be seeing the first leak now an not in june so for future reference dont ever believe vzw or moto reps unless u know that they have good connections on the inside like droid life.com does
    Complete and total BS. Listen to sarge, he knows a thing or two about buying into hype from Moto "reps."

If it was really as simple as a phone call then this would be all over the boards and everyone would be posting it. Moto/Verizon reps must get deluged on a constant daily basis from whiny users repeatedly asking, "Where's my update? Where's ICS? Where's Jelly Bean? Why isn't the D1 getting Jelly Bean? Can I get a free S3 for my 1 year old Bionic? It's just not fair..."

I'm sure they just make stuff up or spout off anything to make the caller happy and end the call that much sooner.
    quadtronix likes this.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by zirkdog

Complete and total BS. Listen to sarge, he knows a thing or two about buying into hype from Moto "reps."

If it was really as simple as a phone call then this would be all over the borads and everyone would be posting it. Moto/Verizon reps must get deluged on a constant daily basis from whiny users repeatedly asking, "Where's my update? Where's ICS? Where's Jelly Bean? Why isn't the D1 getting Jelly Bean? Can I get a free S3 for my 1 year old Bionic? It's just not fair..."

I'm sure they just make stuff up or spout off anything to make the caller happy and end the call that much sooner.
    ^ +1 ditto
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by zirkdog View Post

If it was really as simple as a phone call then this would be all over the boards and everyone would be posting it. Moto/Verizon reps must get deluged on a constant daily basis from whiny users repeatedly asking, "Where's my update? Where's ICS? Where's Jelly Bean? Why isn't the D1 getting Jelly Bean? Can I get a free S3 for my 1 year old Bionic? It's just not fair..."

It's been my experience that if you use technical jargon such as ICS or Jellybean to VZW reps in the store, they mainly just smile and nod...having absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Devices: Droid Bionic,OG RAZR,RAZR M, Galaxy S4
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Links