DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, this sucks (ics .232 leak install issues)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @misterredpants
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Having done this many times on my bionic... This is my process

1. Fxz to 902 (there is a 905 Fxz but it has given me problems)
    2. Take 905 ota update
    3. Install ICS leak 232 via factory recovery.

Personally I then root via motofail razrs edge... Latest safestrap... (via rombot.org) and custom ROM.

But stock 232 is great and with the above steps.... I've never had even a Hiccup. If you're a noob I can write more detailed steps but they are written up in many places.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    ICS 232 on Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mrredpants View Post
    Having done this many times on my bionic... This is my process

1. Fxz to 902 (there is a 905 Fxz but it has given me problems)
    2. Take 905 ota update
    3. Install ICS leak 232 via factory recovery.

Personally I then root via motofail razrs edge... Latest safestrap... (via rombot.org) and custom ROM.

But stock 232 is great and with the above steps.... I've never had even a Hiccup. If you're a noob I can write more detailed steps but they are written up in many places.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Just out of curiosity - why do you say you've had to do this "many" times to your phone ? same phone, I take it ?

I think I'm a bit gun-shy right now to mess w/ my phone again after all the modding fun I've been through in the last yesterday and today

Give me a few days, I may just try it... Then again, if an ICS OTA update is coming sometime within our lifetimes, I'll just have to revert back again, won't I ?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @misterredpants
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Many times because I'm a crack flasher! I originally was using bootstrap and I was having a lot of headaches and had to FXZ a lot. I also like to start with a clean slate in certain situations. We've also had so many leaks for the Bionic in a relatively short period, at least we did, that I was FXZ'ing a lot. I also have experience with the idea of it with previous moto phones (sbf'ing my old droid x)

Regarding the OTA, I believe you'll have to be on stock 905 to take the OTA.

I've written a detailed "how to" but it's a first draft. I can PM it to you if you'd like.
    ICS 232 on Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic
  4. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrredpants View Post
    Regarding the OTA, I believe you'll have to be on stock 905 to take the OTA.
    You bet.

All of the leaks are called Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. This is because Motorola names them according to where you start, rather than where you're going. At this point Motorola/Verizon assumes you have 5.9.905. When the OTA comes, they will ping your phone, which will respond with your current version. If it isn't what they're expecting they move on. You'll have to be at 5.9.905 in order to get the OTA.
    Last edited by aaf709; 08-17-2012 at 09:33 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Hmmm, I guess I could always wait till ICS OTA comes and upgrade to .905 then.

I'm mainly concerned about the 4G data connectivity issue with .905 and I'm a little hesitant to try that sim card trick you suggested, don't want to mess it up.

Thanks !
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mmw68666
    Phone
    motorola droid razr maxx

please do pm me

please pm me that info ty
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Btw, now that I'm back on .902, my phone is faster than it's been in many months.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Really surprises me you say phone is faster considering on gb your only using one core of the cpu on ics your using both.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBusa102709 View Post
    Really surprises me you say phone is faster considering on gb your only using one core of the cpu on ics your using both.
    I probably know less than anyone on these forums, but here's my humble theory anyhow:

I never rooted/did any mods with my Bionic - however, since getting it last September, I imagine I'd accumulated a bunch of garbage into my internal memory - downloading music via MP3 Music Downloader app, etc... performance has decreased substantially over time. Same thing happened with my previous phone, the OG Droid - you should've seen how slow it was at the end.

(edit: one thing worthy of note here is that while previously on GB .905, it was underperforming but still doing its job while the .232 leak install just made it completely unusable where almost every app kept crashing and i couldn't read my emails)

I probably should've wiped the internal memory clean before attempting the ICS .232 install. I didn't then, but I did when I downgraded to .902 thanks to the advice of members who posted on this thread. So, now it's pretty much back to how it was when I first got it - smooth performance, no lag, and 4G isn't dropping.

I imagine if I were to go back now and try the ICS .232 again (after .905 OTA, of course), I wouldn't have any issues. But if it's coming OTA, I'd just have to revert to .905 again, so I dunno. The phone is running fine and dandy now
    Last edited by WnC; 08-18-2012 at 06:07 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeah you could right. but like you said i bet if you reflashed .232 it would be night and day. I'm only in .2233 rooted and blackhole rommed and overclocked at 1.4 ghz and i just laid down an awesome benchmark.

Well, this sucks (ics .232 leak install issues)-forumrunner_20120818_204504.png
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links