DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: just wanting to know..

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

just wanting to know..

Just went to bb and was checking on the bionic. He told me not to waste my time cause its discontinued. Is he correct? And if so is the bionic still worth getting?

3. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    The Bionic is reaching the "end of life" and there are newer phones out there. It depends on your needs. It has a locked bootloader so if you really want to tinker with your phone, it would be best to move on.

That being said, I like my Bionic and have had no problems since buying in last September. The fact that the Bionic now free (with contract) allows you to pick up the accessories for less money. The lapdock, a $200 accessory, is now $49 (if you can find them). Plus the Bionic will be getting ICS shortly (I hope) which will breath new life into the phone. Heck, there are several ICS leaks you can install yourself, if you want to.
    Last edited by aaf709; 07-18-2012 at 10:59 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well, for my price range the bionic is the only 4g I can afford(cause I can't stand the look of the lucid) as for "tinkering" with it I have no idea what to do or how to so in lost there. I don't want to take a step backward with the Dinc2 but it does seem like a good phone overall. I'm lost
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic .902 update
    I would recommend the Bionic to anyone. I got mine in April and it has been very good to me.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    hothfox
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
    The Bionic is a good choice if you don't really plan on rooting and customizing it very much. It will get ICS. There are lots of good accessories for it.
    It will get discontinued, won't be sold anymore, and at some point it won't receive updates from Verizon / Motorola, but it's a solid phone for the price.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Pull the trigger on the bionic, you well not be sorry!
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    the Bionic is a great phone for the price. i got mine in may and i love it . best phone i have owend .. yes there are better phones . but its getting ICS so it will be up to date with 95% of all other devices
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I got my Bionic in late February after my "Dumb" Phone decided to take a poop (granted I did own it already at that time for nearly 4 years). I had an upgrade and the Bionic was a free Smart phone so I took that chance and have love it since then. It has been pretty rock solid for me so far and a great intro in the world of smart-phones and Android!

Yes there are newer and better phones that have come out in the time since I got my Bionic but outside of maybe the SG III and Nexus I don't really see anything on Big Red's lineup (or any one else for that matter) that is completely out of this world compare to it. I still get a kick out of my friend with a brand new HTC Evo 4g LTE always asking me to "LTE" stuff since his phone doesn't have 4G (granted he will by the end of the year give or take).

I have no problem keeping this phone for another 18 months or so until the end of my contract or if I decide to purchase another phone because for me it'll be that long before I even decide to think about getting a newer phone. So overall yes I think the Bionic is a very good phone to get. If you have other options check up on those and then make a decision as to what you wanna go with. As long as you stay Android its all good
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I think the Bionic is the best value out there right now. Not the absolute latest and greatest, but it'll be more than enough to do what 90% of users need.
    Phones: OG Droid >>Droid Bionic>>Moto X
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I can get it from work(walmart) for 50 bucks compared to bb wants 100 and verizon wants 150 I think? Bb said they would price match it if they can still order 1
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Links