Something tells me 235 is going to be the OTA release, and I want it so badly but 232 is working fantastically for me! I think I'll wait till either the OTA or another ICS leak that will allow an FXZ back to 902!
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
I thought we still could FXZ back to 902 from wherever, just like old SBF flashing. I assume that the leaks are not too much different from each other and the methods like Samurai's will still work. Although I do wonder what it is that they tweaked from 232 to 235. I'm still thinking that some parts are being left out and these are incomplete builds altogether awaiting the final OTA. They could very well be reading our forums and making changes based on them o.O
We could only hope that they are that sensable
Driod Bionic ICED 232
The methods WON'T STILL WORK. Peoples phones are at stake here, this is no place for your speculative $0.02 formulated without reading the rest if the thread or any of the other threads on the matter.Originally Posted by Graymayre
Don't, under any circumstances, flash 235 unless you're ok with being (potentially) permanently and (possibly) irrevocably off of the update path. Maybe that'll change, but for now it's a 1-way street.
I'm not touching this or the OTA update with a ten foot pole. .232 works fantastically and they haven't sealed the escape door. Even if .235 is the final version, it's not worth it until you can get out.
theres a fix for you update to new leaks or ota if you flashed 235 but you still can't fxz back to 902 because of the new security version 4 on the 235 leak
previous leaks " 2231 2233 229 230 232 " all is using security version 3 same as 893-905 thats why we can fxz back to 902
now there's a new 905 fxz fastboot file just leak a few hrs ago but even with that file when your on 235 you still can't fxz back to 905
you can find more info on droidhive
so if your on 235 leak or plannig on flashing it, currently there's no way of going back to gb only moving forward to ics new leaks
i personally will wait a few days or a week to see if there's any new leaks before i try 235
currently i'm on 232 heavely debloated it myself and its been running great
here's the link to the 905 fxz zip fiile
here's the link to the unstuck utility
here's another 905 fxz zip but will not delete your data
Last edited by bhp117; 07-17-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Right the 905 FXZ is useful for going forward to a new leak after 235 but once on 235+ you will never be able to go back. Ever. The new security prevents this from happening. Mattigroff created the method that d4 and razr users used to go from leak to leak. Since we got our hands on the 905 FXZ last night he was able to script the method for bionic, as well. It involves flashing the system and preinstall images from 905, flashing the boot img from the update you're going to, and finally flashing the new update. Note that just because you flash 905 files it does not mean you will be able to boot 905 . Until you successfully flash the next update you will be soft bricked at that point. Hence without a working fxz there is measurable risk to this process. Nonetheless even the ota will leave us without a working fxz until we get one for ICS. Use caution. I'm avoiding further leaks until a soak test most likely. That should tell you something about the risk involved.
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
John Galt did a diff last night and said there were numerous framework changes. Plus the videos had been updated. It seems like 235 could be a serious contender for a soak test but we never know until it happens.
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2