DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: get ics without rooting phone? how?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Do i have to unzip the 232 file? I dont know how to do that if so..

*EDIT: nevermind its downloading now.

anything special i need to do after its installed?
    Last edited by Bionic_Racer; 07-11-2012 at 11:35 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    According to https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c "Early Q3" meaning sometime this month.

As for it being worth it, it's up to you, but there's no harm in installing a leak. It's not hard to do (as long as you do all the steps), plus if you don't like it, you're not stuck as you can go back to .905. Read all the posts as some people prefer 230 over 232 as well as 232 over 230 (or even 2233). Some are saying battery life is better and others are saying it's worse than .905.

Me, while I've done this in the past, I'm in no hurry as I like the phone the way it is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    are you saying that you feel that the way it is currently is better than these leaks? and that the only way it would be better is if it was the official ICS update?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Ok guys 232 sucks. You cant watch any flash videos without it crashing. I tried on both the stock browser and dolphin hd. I even uninstalled adobe flash and installed it again and it still crashes.

Even a hard reset doesnt fix the problem. If there is no way to fix this then i can someone explain to me how i get 905 back please..?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Bionic_Racer, I don't know what your problem is with Flash, but I'm running a NewGrounds.com flash video from my phone as we speak. I'm using Opera Mobile for my browser. May want to try that before you try the steps below:

To go back to stock, you'll need the .902 file which you can find here. Download it to your PC.

After that, you'll need to download the latest Motorola drivers and install them on your PC.

Then download RSD Lite and install it on your PC.

Once you've done all of that, run RSD Lite, and plug your phone into your computer. From there find the button "..." on RSD Lite and then navigate to the .902 file I linked. After that hit "Start" and it should ask if you want to Uncompress and Flash. Accept that, and then let it do it's thing.

When that finishes you will be stock on the .902 OTA. If you want .905, you'll have to go into your phone settings and download it manually from there.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepaot
    Bionic_Racer, I don't know what your problem is with Flash, but I'm running a NewGrounds.com flash video from my phone as we speak. I'm using Opera Mobile for my browser. May want to try that before you try the steps below:

To go back to stock, you'll need the .902 file which you can find here. Download it to your PC.

After that, you'll need to download the latest Motorola drivers and install them on your PC.

Then download RSD Lite and install it on your PC.

Once you've done all of that, run RSD Lite, and plug your phone into your computer. From there find the button "..." on RSD Lite and then navigate to the .902 file I linked. After that hit "Start" and it should ask if you want to Uncompress and Flash. Accept that, and then let it do it's thing.

When that finishes you will be stock on the .902 OTA. If you want .905, you'll have to go into your phone settings and download it manually from there.
    Just tried watching videos on youtubes full site with opera mobile and like the other browsers itll act like its about to play then freeze the browser.

Why would this be happening to me? Is it because i am not rooted?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Highly unlikely. Android natively supports Flash, that's one of the perks of having it and not an iPhone (among other reasons).

Unfortunately I'm not any sort of developer or programmer so I wouldn't even know where to tell you to begin in terms of troubleshooting your issue. ICS is really, really nice though...I would highly recommend if you don't get it sorted, to do a flash back to .902 as mentioned, update to .905, and try reinstalling your ICS leak. If getting Flash to work is your only problem and you get it resolved, you will love your phone. I can almost promise you that.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic .902 update
    The Dolphin HD browser almost makes you think that flash videos will play. Come developers let's start programming sites in HTML 5 so I can get back to normal.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic , RIP to my EPIC
    Awkward you are having problems with the browser, I have video on the stock browser and Google Chrome with no issues. Try going back and reflashing the update from a different source.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpoof
    Awkward you are having problems with the browser, I have video on the stock browser and Google Chrome with no issues. Try going back and reflashing the update from a different source.
    Yea its pissing me off bad because otherwise its pretty good ics. What source do u recommend?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic .902 update
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpoof
    Are you sure what you are looking at is Flash video? I can watch videos through Chrome its Flash that's not working. Mobile Flash is about to be a thing of the past anyway.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links