DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: ICS Leak Question

  1. Droid
    FrankieZee's Avatar
    Member #
    243830
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Bionic
    #1

    ICS Leak Question

    I've been reading a few of the ics leak threads and I'm starting to rethink my position on waiting for the official release. However, as was the case back with the 902 update, I'm concerned about staying on the OTA path. Luckily, in my case I was able to load a leaked 902 build and still received the official 905 OTA.

    Does anyone know if this might still be the case.

    I'm not rooted and not quite ready to take that plunge yet.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. Senior Droid
    Hiker5208's Avatar
    Member #
    52830
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieZee
    I've been reading a few of the ics leak threads and I'm starting to rethink my position on waiting for the official release. However, as was the case back with the 902 update, I'm concerned about staying on the OTA path. Luckily, in my case I was able to load a leaked 902 build and still received the official 905 OTA.

    Does anyone know if this might still be the case.

    I'm not rooted and not quite ready to take that plunge yet.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I am beginning to reconsider myself here. I have not been too interested but the new webtop is making me think about it. I am going to follow this thread with interest.
  3. Master Droid
    bbucks36's Avatar
    Member #
    251202
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    The Beast Bionic
    #3
    from what i understand you do not need to be rooted.. just download the ics leak to your sd card .. then go to moto-fast boot by hold volume keys and power same time .. then scroll down with volume key - to recovery then volume up + key to initiate..once in there volume key down - too install thru sd card and power key to initiate. then boom ics...but to get back to the OTA update you need to RSD lite back using a FXZ file. no root necessary in any process. hope that wasnt to confusing
    Last edited by bbucks36; 07-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    "If it was easy, then you would beable to do it" Duh
  4. Master Droid
    bbucks36's Avatar
    Member #
    251202
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    The Beast Bionic
    #4
    but with all the leaks coming out and there getting pretty close to final release. i wouldnt bother unless you the few like myself that feel confident in do such steps.. wait for the final release it will be soon. only real reason i did this was to stop the data drops i was getting with the OTA .905. all the leaks ive installed
    (3 in total) up to .229 ics i have not had 1 data drop.
    "If it was easy, then you would beable to do it" Duh
  5. Droid
    FrankieZee's Avatar
    Member #
    243830
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Bionic
    #5
    I'm familiar with these steps from when I installed the 902 leak, so I'm not opposed to doing it myself. I'm more worried about being thrown off the OTA path.

    Of course, if we're really that close, I'm sure I can hold off. But reading some of these threads has me chomping at the bit

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  6. Senior Droid
    urphonesux's Avatar
    Member #
    199405
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    travelling...........
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X2,Bionic
    #6
    Flash it
    The Watcher
  7. Master Droid
    bbucks36's Avatar
    Member #
    251202
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    The Beast Bionic
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieZee View Post
    I'm familiar with these steps from when I installed the 902 leak, so I'm not opposed to doing it myself. I'm more worried about being thrown off the OTA path.

    Of course, if we're really that close, I'm sure I can hold off. But reading some of these threads has me chomping at the bit

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    with all the ways to go back to .902 its near impossible to brick the bionic..aside from dropping it in water...rsd lite back to OTA path is the easiest way. as for ICS it is almost complete in my opinion . the leaks are getting fine tuned.. the leaks themselves are smooth. like i said in my earlier reply main reason =no data drops
    "If it was easy, then you would beable to do it" Duh
  8. Droid
    FrankieZee's Avatar
    Member #
    243830
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Bionic
    #8
    Right. I've actually experienced more data drops in the last couple hours than I think I did way back before 902. Pretty frustrating, I'm actually switching between 3 and 4g now. It can't seem to decide what it wants to do.

    However, that's all leaving my actual question unanswered: will I be on or off the OTA path if I flash the latest "official leak?"

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  9. Senior Droid
    bamafan39's Avatar
    Member #
    241220
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100
    Phone
    bionic
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieZee View Post
    Right. I've actually experienced more data drops in the last couple hours than I think I did way back before 902. Pretty frustrating, I'm actually switching between 3 and 4g now. It can't seem to decide what it wants to do.

    However, that's all leaving my actual question unanswered: will I be on or off the OTA path if I flash the latest "official leak?"

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    off...but you can get back on easily!
  10. Droid
    FrankieZee's Avatar
    Member #
    243830
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Bionic
    #10
    Thanks! I may end up waiting for at least another few weeks anyway then. Getting married next weekend and then honeymoon overseas so no time to really play with it and then the phone will be almost worthless outside the US. At least according to Verizon.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. question about the ICS leak
    By ice177 in forum HTC Rezound
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
  2. GB 588 Leak Question...
    By BackSeatSuicide in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 06:35 AM
  3. Using gb leak. Got a question
    By Dudenell in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
  4. Question about 2.2 leak.zip
    By soulshot96 in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 06:09 AM
  5. [Q] froyo leak and my rom now question
    By rivaaaa253 in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 06:35 AM

Search tags for this page

bionic ics 232, how to download
,

bionic ics leak

,
bionic ics leak .902 fxz
,

droid bionic ics

,
flash bionic ics .232
,

ics leak

,

ics leak for droid bionic

,
install droid bionic .232
,
install ics leak on bionic without root
,
rooting .232 ics leak
,

what is ics leak

,
where to install ics leak .232 bionic
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+