DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ICS .230, Home key not working as well as Gmail syncing issues, lock screen issues

  1. Senior Droid
    kdwisdom's Avatar
    Member #
    67008
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    kdwisdom
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, ICS-Rooted!!
    #1

    ICS .230, Home key not working as well as Gmail syncing issues, lock screen issues

    As mentioned in another thread, I am having home key issues. I press it and nothing happens, so I have to press the back button to get to the home screen.

    Gmail isn't marking messages as read and I have to choose unlock twice sometimes to get it to open.

    I think I am just going to flash 902, 905 update and then install .230 again to see if this fixes it.

    Does anyone else have any other ideas before I do this?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    Kelden21's Avatar
    Member #
    69366
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    I just upgraded to .230 last night, having never touched ICS prior to that. So far, the only two problems I've found, are entirely different than yours, and listed below. My home screen, home button, and gmail app seem to work normally.

    1. No more Charge only mode when connected to a computer. I tether my phone every day, so this is a downside. There's a media mode which seems to be quite similar, but still a strange thing to remove.
    2. When plugged into my pc, the touch screen has always been problematic. This spans across phones and apparently is a fairly well known issue. This seems to be MUCH worse in .230 than on .905. I haven't tried any other versions of ICS, so I can't say if it's just .230, or if it's ICS entirely, but I was a bit disappointed.

    Like I said, totally different problems than you. I'd definitely wipe your phone out to .902 and start the upgrade process fresh. Some people say to bypass the activation when you're on .902 and take the OTA to 905, but I've found setting up and activating your phone, then taking the OTA produced much better results (I went through a few flashes last night).
  4. Senior Droid
    kdwisdom's Avatar
    Member #
    67008
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    kdwisdom
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, ICS-Rooted!!
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelden21 View Post
    I just upgraded to .230 last night, having never touched ICS prior to that. So far, the only two problems I've found, are entirely different than yours, and listed below. My home screen, home button, and gmail app seem to work normally.

    1. No more Charge only mode when connected to a computer. I tether my phone every day, so this is a downside. There's a media mode which seems to be quite similar, but still a strange thing to remove.
    2. When plugged into my pc, the touch screen has always been problematic. This spans across phones and apparently is a fairly well known issue. This seems to be MUCH worse in .230 than on .905. I haven't tried any other versions of ICS, so I can't say if it's just .230, or if it's ICS entirely, but I was a bit disappointed.

    Like I said, totally different problems than you. I'd definitely wipe your phone out to .902 and start the upgrade process fresh. Some people say to bypass the activation when you're on .902 and take the OTA to 905, but I've found setting up and activating your phone, then taking the OTA produced much better results (I went through a few flashes last night).
    Okay, I think I can answer your problems. First, charge mode is gone, and yes, this is annoying because it takes your sd card away.

    In regards to your touch screen being funky when plugged in, let me take a shot at this. On my OG Droid, I had this issue. Here is what caused my issue, maybe it is the same cause as yours.

    Did you buy your USB cable from Ebay? When I had some cheap chargers from Ebay, the touch screen didn't work right because of the voltage it sent or something along those lines.

    If you have another USB or the original, try that and see if it still is a problem. It may be a different problem but that would be my best educated guess based on my experiences.
  5. Master Droid
    Tonik's Avatar
    Member #
    222676
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kdwisdom View Post
    Does anyone else have any other ideas before I do this?
    Wipe the cache....10 minute battery pull. That whole drill....you never know.

    EDIT: And hit manage apps for GMail and clear that cache and data.
    Last edited by Tonik; 07-03-2012 at 10:49 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Speeding Wheels's Avatar
    Member #
    18409
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit - in da burbs!
    Posts
    1,557
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    Wipe the cache....10 minute battery pull. That whole drill....you never know.

    thats exactly what I was going to suggest.
    You know how that rabbit feels
    Going under your Speeding Wheels
    Bright images flashing by
    Like windshields towards a fly...
  7. Junior Droid
    Kelden21's Avatar
    Member #
    69366
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kdwisdom View Post
    Okay, I think I can answer your problems. First, charge mode is gone, and yes, this is annoying because it takes your sd card away.

    In regards to your touch screen being funky when plugged in, let me take a shot at this. On my OG Droid, I had this issue. Here is what caused my issue, maybe it is the same cause as yours.

    Did you buy your USB cable from Ebay? When I had some cheap chargers from Ebay, the touch screen didn't work right because of the voltage it sent or something along those lines.

    If you have another USB or the original, try that and see if it still is a problem. It may be a different problem but that would be my best educated guess based on my experiences.
    Thanks for the ideas. I've heard similar stories, but it really doesn't appear to matter what cord I use. The 3 I rotate between are: the original bionic cord, the droid 3 cord, and the amazon kindle cord. None seem to change the results. I swapped my phone twice in the beginning because of this, and then more recently, accidentally broke it and got another through insurance. All around, it just doesn't seem to matter.
  8. Senior Droid
    kdwisdom's Avatar
    Member #
    67008
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    kdwisdom
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, ICS-Rooted!!
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelden21 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I've heard similar stories, but it really doesn't appear to matter what cord I use. The 3 I rotate between are: the original bionic cord, the droid 3 cord, and the amazon kindle cord. None seem to change the results. I swapped my phone twice in the beginning because of this, and then more recently, accidentally broke it and got another through insurance. All around, it just doesn't seem to matter.
    Definitely strange. What kind of computer are you plugging it into? And is it by chance a USB 3.0 slot or a Macbook? Both of those send a little more voltage I believe and could do it too. Other than that, its a mystery to me. I'd try it on another computer and see if it does the same thing so you can at least rule that out as a possibility.
  9. Senior Droid
    kdwisdom's Avatar
    Member #
    67008
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    104
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    kdwisdom
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, ICS-Rooted!!
    #8
    So I used the no data loss method to go back to 902, 905, and re-install 230, wiped the cache and rebooted, no such luck. :/
  10. Master Droid
    BroidDrionic's Avatar
    Member #
    246277
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    544
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kdwisdom
    So I used the no data loss method to go back to 902, 905, and re-install 230, wiped the cache and rebooted, no such luck. :/
    Home button still doesn't work after all that?? I'm trying the fxz method later this evening and I'll see if that offers a fix.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  11. Master Droid
    wseyller's Avatar
    Member #
    121920
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hendersonville NC
    Posts
    736
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #10
    The no charge only option isn't a big deal to me. I set mine to Media Device (MTP). You will get a popup which you can disable it from popping up when you plug the phone in. In "My Computer" you will see a portable device called "DROID BIONIC". It lets you easily see inside the Internal or External SD Card". Also when in this mode you still have access to your External SD card from your phone.

    So now it is setup just as good as the charge only option but it removes the step of me having to toggle to mount my sdcard and all that and I have access to all the memory from the computer and phone at the same time. Also it charges the phone of course.
    Last edited by wseyller; 07-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid x gmail syncing issues
    By Crash1701 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 04:41 PM
  2. Gmail syncing issues
    By AbeSapien01 in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
  3. Droid 3 Signal Issues/ Lock Screen Not Working
    By ChoonkyMoonky in forum Motorola Droid 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 04:29 PM
  4. SS 5.4 Lock In Home issues
    By admiralriker in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Search tags for this page

android home button not working

,
android ics home button not working
,
bionic ics home button not working
,
droid bionic home button not working
,
droid razr home button not working
,
home button android not working
,
home button not working ics
,
home key not working on android
,
ics home button doesn't work
,

ics home button not working

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+