DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bionic Not Charging -- Suggestions Please?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbatcofc View Post
    Sorry everyone, apparently I didn't subscribe to the post ....

Anyhow....

Just as an FYI, I tried different chargers, different batteries, and data resets. None of these things fixed my issue. I filed an insurance claim and got another phone. I had a lot of wiggle, so my assumption is that I wore out the charging outlet and something came loose.

Hope this helps... as for a $200 repair: if you have insurance, the claim is only $100.
    Something like that should have been covered under the warranty. Did you talk to Verizon before going through a warranty claim and is your warranty through Verizon? If so, I would call them back and complain that this should have been covered under the warranty.

@jmbmeister

I would have asked to speak to a the supervisor or at least a different tech. The only pins that I can see are within the charger itself. The charging port in the Bionic looks like a circuit board.
    Last edited by Otakulad; 07-13-2012 at 10:50 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I'm not sure what's wrong with mine; nothing is loose and it stopped charging completely while on my Motorola standard dock. It won't charge in my car either, but it still works with my HD dock (for now). At this point, I'm just holding onto this Bionic till the RAZR HD comes out, I think.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I only had one instance after the 232 upgrade where my battery wouldn't charge. I turned off the phone, pulled the battery then reinstalled the battery and powered it back up. Haven't had a problem since.
    Together is where I want to be...
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Known issue at Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by dmbatcofc View Post
    Sorry everyone, apparently I didn't subscribe to the post ....

Anyhow....

Just as an FYI, I tried different chargers, different batteries, and data resets. None of these things fixed my issue. I filed an insurance claim and got another phone. I had a lot of wiggle, so my assumption is that I wore out the charging outlet and something came loose.

Hope this helps... as for a $200 repair: if you have insurance, the claim is only $100.
    I was in my local Verizone strore with my second extended battery not being recognized, made two visits, on the first they reset the battery characteristics file and that fixed the problem for 10 minutes.

On the second visit they did further research and find that it is a known issue and is being reseaarched. I should expect a software update once they determine the cause. The battery shows with a ? in an empty shell and the phone says it is an invalid battery and will not charge using either the oridinal verizon wall charger or the car charger.

My standard battery works fine, so it is not an issue with the charging system on the phone it is that it looses its knowledge of the extended battery. The battery is a Motorola genuine.

This occurs under the current and prior Android version.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links