DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [HOWTO] How to root and flash PROPERLY!!!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, DX2, Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck54 View Post
    Well, just tried using the droid 4 method (the one posted on droidmodderx 's website ) i uodated the moto drivers and then ran tge run.bat and no luck....
    Run it as administrator
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    Well, sorry to take forever on this, but i have realized that development on this phone isn't fast or there isn't much of it...... looked for roms and there arn't too many that are updated to. 902.... some roms look good but they are on the cm9 builds and are bugged (still cant find the bugs list for them....) i will make a decent guide here tho, and it will get updated!!!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck54
    Well, just tried using the droid 4 method (the one posted on droidmodderx 's website ) i uodated the moto drivers and then ran tge run.bat and no luck....
    Also make sure to reboot your computer after installing the most current Motorola drivers. It's not in the instructions, but is on the page with the drivers. I had to do that in order to get it to work myself.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    What are the main advantages of rooting? Can I get rid of the bloatware that came with the bionic? I'm not sure but the back up application sounds like a good idea. I'm afraid I'll get stuck in the tech stuff and not know what to do. Any advice?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    milski65
    Phone
    Bionic and X
    Quote Originally Posted by HDG55 View Post
    What are the main advantages of rooting? Can I get rid of the bloatware that came with the bionic? I'm not sure but the back up application sounds like a good idea. I'm afraid I'll get stuck in the tech stuff and not know what to do. Any advice?
    I'm sure many have different reasons for rooting. Mine is to get rid of the enormous amount of bloat included using titanium backup (other apps on the market) and for wireless tethering. It's actually easy to root the Bionic, if you have an general understanding of what is needed. If you don't I'd read and ask questions before putting yourself in a position that will be more difficult to get out of. I'm new to the Bionic but not to rooting/flashing roms, and I learned the hard way not to assume I can't screw up my phone. If you're going to alter it, you have to know how to restore it to stock and have the tools necessary to get there BEFORE you start modding your phone. That's just my opinion.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by milski65

I'm sure many have different reasons for rooting. Mine is to get rid of the enormous amount of bloat included using titanium backup (other apps on the market) and for wireless tethering. It's actually easy to root the Bionic, if you have an general understanding of what is needed. If you don't I'd read and ask questions before putting yourself in a position that will be more difficult to get out of. I'm new to the Bionic but not to rooting/flashing roms, and I learned the hard way not to assume I can't screw up my phone. If you're going to alter it, you have to know how to restore it to stock and have the tools necessary to get there BEFORE you start modding your phone. That's just my opinion.
    Agreed. Definitely do your homework and be 100% sure of what you are doing and how to restore back in-case you run into trouble. I was one of many who jumped the gun and flashed the leaked 5.7.593 update.... I didn't do my homework on it and spent many many days freaking out thinking I would be stuck off the upgrade path. Thankfully some awesome people eventually found a fix for that problem, but I could have saved myself the frustration and anxiety by understanding what I was doing instead of shooting first and asking questions last.
    Droid BIONIC
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    If I use Safestrap Recovery, will it go back to the stock recovery if I use FWZ back to stock?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    Im on 905 soak and I used the DROID 4 method worked for me. Can't wait to see this thread shine

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Nevermind I figured it out.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Thanks for the tutorial. I seem to be getting better battery life since rooting. Can anyone explain why this is (in English lol)?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links