DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Just ordered a bionic.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X (Verizon)

Just ordered a bionic.

Yes, I know it's not exactly a new phone.

My DroidX is starting to show its age, but I've been putting off upgrading as a "screw you" to Verizon. Would have picked up a DroidX2 if it was a 4G phone.

I'm a bit hesitant or buying another Moto with the locked down bootloaders and all that, but...

Am I going to like the upgrade?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Of course you will. The Bionic is an excellent phone, especially after all the updates it's received. You made a wise choice passing on the DX2. I've heard that it's not even really an upgrade from a DX. Of course, I would recommend a different phone entirely But there's nothing wrong with the Bionic.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X (Verizon)
    The major factor in finally getting me to upgrade was the fact that's it's currently free from the Verizon website on an upgrade. (Aside from the stupid $30 fee)

I really only considered the X2 because my home and car dock would still work with it.

Luckily, Amazon has those docks for fairly cheep, so I grabbed those.

Looking at information on the laptop dock now. Interesting, may get one if I find it for the right price.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid x2
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017
    Of course you will. The Bionic is an excellent phone, especially after all the updates it's received. You made a wise choice passing on the DX2. I've heard that it's not even really an upgrade from a DX. Of course, I would recommend a different phone entirely But there's nothing wrong with the Bionic.
    The x2 is definatly an upgrade from the x, that being said the bionic is a great choice as well, my x2 has done everything I have asked of it and then some, when I upgrade if I can still get a new bionic I will if its cheap enough, or I just may wait for a quad core.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganzor
    The major factor in finally getting me to upgrade was the fact that's it's currently free from the Verizon website on an upgrade. (Aside from the stupid $30 fee)

I really only considered the X2 because my home and car dock would still work with it.

Luckily, Amazon has those docks for fairly cheep, so I grabbed those.

Looking at information on the laptop dock now. Interesting, may get one if I find it for the right price.
    Thats why i got my bionic because it was free on vzw online.

I was worries that i may not like it because i was really waiting for the rezound or the nexus to go on sale, but i became very impatient. When i saw the bionic was free i impulsively purchased it but almost right away i got worried because i thought that i was just settling for something because it was free.

But then i received my bionic and i totally love it! Its fast, the screen is large and display is georgous, dual care, 4g,.....sooo much of an improvement over my origonal droid incredible.

You wont be disappointed as it will be a huge step up from the dx.

Links