DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: thinking on getting aextended battery

  1. Junior Droid
    RockHead_Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    241043
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rockledge Pa.
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid , Droid X
    #1

    thinking on getting aextended battery

    I'm thinking on getting the extended battery for my Bionic , Tired of having a dead phone at 2pm . What are your feeling on the extended battery? Pro and Cons ? What is the best size to get 2760mah or a 4000mah?
    I have GPS dock for the car and I have a Bionic Lapdock , would Bionic still fit in them with the extended battery?


    Thanks Mark
    Last edited by RockHead_Droid; 05-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.
  2. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    There are several extended batteries for the Bionic. Keep in mind that the OEM stock battery is 1735 mAh.

    Mugen makes a slim extended battery that will fit in the original battery area. It puts out 2000 mAh and costs $45

    Motorola makes one for 2760 mAh and costs about $25. It adds about 1/8" to the thickness, but it should fit the dock and the lapdock. The cases (like the Otterbox) are another matter.

    Seidio makes a 3500 mAh for $65

    Mugen also makes a 4000 mAh battery that costs about $89. Looking at Amazon and eBay there are other 4000 mAh batteries out there, some as low as $10.

    Here's the thing, only the Motorola extended battery seems to play nice with the software. That doesn't mean that that others won't work, it's just that you'll get a "plug your phone into a charger" long before it's needed. When I had my OG Droid I had the Seidio extended battery and I had to use the Battery Left widget, but used the voltage instead of percentage. I knew that 4200 mV was full and 3500 mV was time to charge.

    Some of the really cheap 4000 mAh batteries won't even work, but that's due to poor quality control as another will.

    It's up to you. I don't believe the 4000 mAh will fit either the dock or the lapdock, but the Motorola extended battery should. All but the slim extended battery will add to the thickness and weight. For myself, I have the Motorola extended battery and am happy with its performance.
    Last edited by aaf709; 05-23-2012 at 08:54 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    walkerstempe's Avatar
    Member #
    248839
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    118
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    EnV Touch>Bionic
    #3
    What kind of hours are you getting with that Motorola extended battery. Getting 30 plus hours with my 9.99 eBay 4000 mah. Slimmer battery would be nice.
  4. Master Droid
    josh1980's Avatar
    Member #
    241059
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Bionic ICS
    #4
    I bought the Motorola OEM 2760mAh battery from Amazon for $25. I am quite pleased with it. With moderate usage I would be forced to charge the phone daily. This wasn't a big deal usually as I charge my phone at night, but when I used the phone heavily it wouldn't make it through the day. With the new battery I got almost 72 hours on a single charge. Mathematically it doesn't match up since I'd expect an increase in battery life of 60%, but it is what it is.

    I read somewhere else that the Motorola Extended OEM and Mugen are likely the same capacity but Mugen calculates their total capacity differently. Not sure if that is true or not, but I am very happy with the Motorola Extended OEM battery. I have an otterbox case and the Extended battery does fit with the hardened plastic back removed from the Otterbox case. It's a slightly loose fit, but not bad at all.

    I'm not sure if I'd recommend the more expensive Mugen considering the amazing battery life I get from the $25 battery.
  5. Master Droid
    bluezdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    11644
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    558
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1980 View Post
    I bought the Motorola OEM 2760mAh battery from Amazon for $25. I am quite pleased with it. With moderate usage I would be forced to charge the phone daily. This wasn't a big deal usually as I charge my phone at night, but when I used the phone heavily it wouldn't make it through the day. With the new battery I got almost 72 hours on a single charge. Mathematically it doesn't match up since I'd expect an increase in battery life of 60%, but it is what it is.

    I read somewhere else that the Motorola Extended OEM and Mugen are likely the same capacity but Mugen calculates their total capacity differently. Not sure if that is true or not, but I am very happy with the Motorola Extended OEM battery. I have an otterbox case and the Extended battery does fit with the hardened plastic back removed from the Otterbox case. It's a slightly loose fit, but not bad at all.

    I'm not sure if I'd recommend the more expensive Mugen considering the amazing battery life I get from the $25 battery.
    What Josh said... Moto extended battery works great and is reasonably priced.

    Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC Bionic using Tapatalk2
    Cheers,
    'dawg

    "Never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!"
  6. Junior Droid
    RockHead_Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    241043
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rockledge Pa.
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid , Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bluezdawg View Post
    What Josh said... Moto extended battery works great and is reasonably priced.

    Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC Bionic using Tapatalk2
    Im going to order it today. Thanks a lot

    sent from DROID BIONIC using tapatalk BRO!!!!!!
  7. Droid
    zanshin825's Avatar
    Member #
    261479
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    50
    Phone
    Bionic
    #7
    I liked the OEM extended battery quite a bit. Actually, since I'm sending the Bionic back to Verizon for the Rezound because of the data issues, if someone wants a month old OEM extended battery and back on the cheap, PM me.
  8. Master Droid
    Laur3nNewm4n's Avatar
    Member #
    154540
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    418
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    hothfox
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
    #8
    Boyfriend has the 4000mAh extended battery. It lasts about 3 days with moderate usage. It doesn't fit in the car dock or lapdock with it in. He's calibrated it and reset battery stats, but it drains fast and stays on 1% for like 10 hours. He likes it, but it turns the phone into a brick.
  9. Super Moderator
    justin82's Avatar
    Member #
    14505
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,614
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    #9
    i got the extended moto one at VZW for 27.00 . (its on sale now) advantage of that is if it fails in the year just bring it to VZW they will make it right
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"


    Razr maxx
  10. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Laur3nNewm4n View Post
    Boyfriend has the 4000mAh extended battery. It lasts about 3 days with moderate usage. It doesn't fit in the car dock or lapdock with it in. He's calibrated it and reset battery stats, but it drains fast and stays on 1% for like 10 hours. He likes it, but it turns the phone into a brick.
    According to Bionic ext. battery and door $24.99 the 4000 mAh battery changes the Bionic from .443" thick and 6 oz to .722" thick and 8 oz. By contrast, the Motorola extended battery adds 1/8" to the thickness and 1 oz (see picture)

    thinking on getting aextended battery-img_5972.jpg
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2500 mah battery wishful thinking
    By Ziocomposite in forum Galaxy Nexus Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 07:33 AM
  2. Im thinking need help please
    By elitecmdr666 in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Thinking about getting the Droid 2 Extended battery...
    By AlexSB in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 02:01 PM
  4. I'm thinking about getting an Incredible and 3500 mAh battery.
    By MultiKoopa in forum Droid Incredible Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Search tags for this page

2760 mah vs 4000 mah
,

2760 mah vs 4000mah

,
2760mah vs 4000mah
,
4000 mah droid bionic extended battery real?
,
4000 mah vs 3500 mah
,
difference between regular and extended battery 4000mah
,

differences between 2760 mah vs 4000mah

,
thickness of mugen 4000 mah rezound battery
,
what is the size difference between 2700mah battery and 3500
,
will droid bionic battery 4000 amh fit in car dock
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+