DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are Samsung phones better?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Are Samsung phones better?

All,

I'm one of the many patient Bionic owners out there who is waiting for the new ICS operating system to hit the phone. I have read several posts concerning ICS, 4.0.5, etc... And to add, I am one of the OG Droid owners as well. I like Motorola phones and have had much fun with both handsets, however, I always hear great things about Samsung phones. They appear to get updates sooner than Motorola, the style/design appears to be more appealing than Motorola phones and their version of the "tweaked" UI is definitely nice.

So, my question is... Do you guys (objectively) feel Samsung is a better company and their phones are better than Motorola?

Your thoughts...

Jstwondrng
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    I've never had any complaints with the Samsung phones I've owned. Albeit they were feature phones. I think it's coming down to 'flavor of the month' when it comes to what phone is considered the best at this point.
  3. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    My friend has a Samsung Fascinate (the only phones I've had were either by LG or Motorola without any problems) which he really likes, but really I don't want to tell you what phone to get. People complain that that Motorola extended batter, which adds 1/8" to the thickness, makes it feel like a brick while others won't be without one.

Each person has their own tastes. Some hate tbe locked bootloader on the Bionic while I don't even plan to root it.

Let me say that I bought Motorola because it made the Bionic rather than the Bionic because it was made by Motorola.
    Last edited by aaf709; 05-18-2012 at 06:22 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy NEXUS
    Build quality on Samsung is average at best. Crappy radios too; just read the threads on the Samsung forums.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy NEXUS
    If you want great build and voice quality go with Moto. It's the luck of the draw with the BIONIC though. Phones that were produced in 9/2011 thru early November was a 50/50 chance. Later production shipments fared much better. If I had to make a choice today I would go with the Razr Maxx. People complain about the sealed battery but who keeps their phones longer than the 2 year contract anyway? If you are not in a rush hold out until the Moto HD gets launched. The other VZW phones will drop in price at that time. I'm one of the lucky BIONIC owners; mine has been rock solid since my purchase last November.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanks for all the responses! It appears most feel it's the preference of the buyer. I am impressed with the aesthetics of the Samsung phones, albeit, plastic bodies. They definitely look sexier than their Motorola counterparts... But, bottom line is, I want a phone that works! Period!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    zachfromkansas
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    A co-worker of mine just got the SII Skyrocket this week from AT&T. I must say I like the looks and feel of the phone in my hands, and it seems very snappy. However, he is on AT&T's "4G" network and it is DEATHLY slow. So slow that he used my Bionic's wifi tether to down load a 200 mB file so he wouldn't have to wait 30 hours!!

I will say that his phone on VZW would be pretty kick-ass with an Otterbox case. When I upgrade next May I'll likely be deciding between the newest Moto phone and the SIII/SIV.
    Sent from your mom's device through the control of my rooted Bionic.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by CBMGGM View Post
    If you want great build and voice quality go with Moto. It's the luck of the draw with the BIONIC though. Phones that were produced in 9/2011 thru early November was a 50/50 chance. Later production shipments fared much better. If I had to make a choice today I would go with the Razr Maxx. People complain about the sealed battery but who keeps their phones longer than the 2 year contract anyway? If you are not in a rush hold out until the Moto HD gets launched. The other VZW phones will drop in price at that time. I'm one of the lucky BIONIC owners; mine has been rock solid since my purchase last November.
    This post is a contradiction. "If you want great build and voice quality go with MOTO." Then you say the first batch was crap.

To me, Moto and Verizon go hand in hand. Locked boot loaders and diminishing data plans.

GUMMY
    -Brad
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy NEXUS
    I never said crap, you did. Handset integrity is only part of the problem. Those of us Bionic users have been frustrated since day one of launch. That depends on what road you want to go down. Locked bootloader, ICS delays, LTE outages, data drops, poor marketing,etc. The list goes on and on.... And don't forgot Moto dropped the Razr bomb 1 month after the Bionic was launched. I not here to split hairs with you just trying to help out a friend with a decision. In the end it's his decision to make.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by CBMGGM View Post
    I never said crap, you did. Handset integrity is only part of the problem. Those of us Bionic users have been frustrated since day one of launch. That depends on what road you want to go down. Locked bootloader, ICS delays, LTE outages, data drops, poor marketing,etc. The list goes on and on.... And don't forgot Moto dropped the Razr bomb 1 month after the Bionic was launched. I not here to split hairs with you just trying to help out a friend with a decision. In the end it's his decision to make.
    To use the example you gave, 50/50 chance of having a good phone doesn't exude quality though. I don't get why people continue to support a manufacturer when that manufacturer has kicked them between the legs.

I don't disagree, the Bionic is the 4G red headed stepchild from Motorola, much the same way the D3 and X2 are for 3G phones.

X
    -Brad
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links