DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 5.9.905, anyone? Pulled from Cheesecake server for your pleasure!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    just put this xml in the 902 fxz you have now http://db.tt/IWJgFBBR (preserve internal sdcard) only use this xml if your on stock http://db.tt/9GMeHYwG (preserve internal sdcard & data)
    johnlgalt likes this.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Lol next time use my fxz instead of the nonedited one mine leave ir internal storage intact
    I don't know which one I used. Got it back in February, but I know I used your directions. Gonna have to get yours then. Just incase 905 isn't the official update.

Ultimately, it isn't that big of deal. Kind of nice to go through stuff to install. I end up bringing less back, which is always a plus.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Note 2, SGS3, Bionic
    Lol next time use my fxz instead of the nonedited one mine leave ir internal storage intact
    sargentmajord,

So are you saying that when using your edited FXZ file that it will NOT erase the information on your internal SDCard? Are there any "special/unique" steps to your FXZ process? Please let me know. I am currently on .904 but I am still having TERRIBLE connection issues in some areas that I know I didn't have problems in before. Better data connection is the whole reason I updated to the leaked .904 from .902 in the first place. So do you notice any better 4G connection since using .905? Again, please let me know before I go through with any unnecessary flashing. Thanks.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman8

sargentmajord,

So are you saying that when using your edited FXZ file that it will NOT erase the information on your internal SDCard? Are there any "special/unique" steps to your FXZ process? Please let me know. I am currently on .904 but I am still having TERRIBLE connection issues in some areas that I know I didn't have problems in before. Better data connection is the whole reason I updated to the leaked .904 from .902 in the first place. So do you notice any better 4G connection since using .905? Again, please let me know before I go through with any unnecessary flashing. Thanks.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/238495.html
    In all honesty it works better in the battery dept than. 904 with the new kernel got 2 days with extreme usage on extended battery where. 904 didnt even last more than a day an 4G 3G handoff is better than .904 and 902 an alot better connection data wise than .904 an a little better than .902 also yes my fxz files do not touch ur internal storage but u do have to reinstall apps do to data wipe cuz its need for those who install custom roms since they are heavily deblured but other wise anything on the internal storage remains untouched just follow the instructions in the stickied 5.5.5.893 thread
    johnlgalt likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Note 2, SGS3, Bionic
    In all honesty it works better in the battery dept than. 904 with the new kernel got 2 days with extreme usage on extended battery where. 904 didnt even last more than a day an 4G 3G handoff is better than .904 and 902 an alot better connection data wise than .904 an a little better than .902 also yes my fxz files do not touch ur internal storage but u do have to reinstall apps do to data wipe cuz its need for those who install custom roms since they are heavily deblured but other wise anything on the internal storage remains untouched just follow the instructions in the stickied 5.5.5.893 thread
    Thanks for the quick reply sargentmajord. One last question..."other than your FXZ keeping internal info intact, it there any other difference?" I mean, is all the bloatware and everything else from stock still there? Although I am not that crazy about some of the bloat, I like to keep everything there because it always causes problems when upgrading later if even some of the bloat is missing.

Oh, one more thing (so I guess that makes 2 questions for you), "do you know if root is kept after upgrading to .905?" I have been using Voo Doo OTA Rootkeeper. Thanks.
    Last edited by Batman8; 05-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, DX2, Droid Bionic
    When I hit the download link it says its 902?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman8

Thanks for the quick reply sargentmajord. One last question..."other than your FXZ keeping internal info intact, it there any other difference?" I mean, is all the bloatware and everything else from stock still there? Although I am not that crazy about some of the bloat, I like to keep everything there because it always causes problems when upgrading later if even some of the bloat is missing.

Oh, one more thing (so I guess that makes 2 questions for you), "do you know if root is kept after upgrading to .905?" I have been using Voo Doo OTA Rootkeeper. Thanks.
    Yes all the bloat is there so u dont have to worry about update failures plus voodo does retain root just make sure u do the tempunroot option before updating an then restore it when ur done
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by grgguy
    When I hit the download link it says its 902?
    Anytime u update its from the system ur coming from so example if .905 is official the next update will be title .905 but the system version once installed will not say .905 it will say the new update like .906 or something the update is always titled the system name ur ate coming from which is currently .902
    grgguy likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXXX
    So if I understand this correctly, if I have a stock Bionic on .902 and am only rooted (no roms or bloat frozen) then I will still not be able to receive an OTA? I need to unroot (however I choose to) in order to get the OTA?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by striker85
    So if I understand this correctly, if I have a stock Bionic on .902 and am only rooted (no roms or bloat frozen) then I will still not be able to receive an OTA? I need to unroot (however I choose to) in order to get the OTA?
    The only time u will not receive an ota is if u have uninstalled bloat ware or u are on an unoffical leaked update or have messed with the buildprop file meaning any significant changes to the system rooting doesnt do that
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links