And for those who haven't done this before, this is what I did to go to .902 (I'm going to wait for the OTA on .905, no real reason, just willing to wait). Be sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled.
1. Plug phone into computer.
2. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
3. Put the downloaded file in the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not Internal Storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
4. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
5. Power phone down
6. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
7. Select "Recovery" by pressing Volume Down, then press Volume Up to initiate it.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded (above), press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (about 6 minutes)
The whole process, from moving the file into the SD-EXT card to phone rebooted takes about 10 minutes. Of that, 3 minutes will be the phone extracting the files (Step 10) and 6 minutes for the install itself (Step 11). A long time to stare at your phone, I admit.
Last edited by aaf709; 06-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.
about a week ago i accidently formatted my sd card i now have it built back up but when i plug my phone into my computer the "mot" window opens normally but the sd ext window opens as auto play and i have to open the window manualy.anyone know why?
5.9.905 OTA push should be underway. Data issues were related to VZW issues and not the new firmware. Push will go on over the next week. Should also be available via pull already, if not very shortly.