It has been well publicized that we are currently in a period of increased sun activity which is supposed to peak in 2013. Here's more if you are interested Solar Effects
I am currently running. 905 and have slightly better battery life than. 904. For me,. 901 was actually the best update for my bionic with no data drops and good battery life. 902 was not so great for me on it played around with some leaks and it looks like I will hang on to 905 for the time being. I am in the northern chicago suburbs in what vzw has called a 4G fringe area. I am in 4G 98% of the time.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I've had major issues with my 4G dropping and never coming back. Yesterday, I was on 3G only for the better part of an hour in a VZW store where every 4G device on display was on 4G.
I'm having fits with both .904 and .905 and the handoffs, but either is still better than .902.
I am I. I use DROID. I like DROID.
WP gallery links removed per forum guidelines for sigs, CoC #12. PM me for them.
Hi, guys. Before I throw my phone through a window, can someone tell me how to load the .905 file? I've put it onto my SD card, and I've tried to boot into recovery, but I don't have any options to find the file to update it. I searched for an answer, but couldn't come up with the right answer, apparently.
Any help is appreciated.
1. Put the downloaded file in the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not Internal Storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
2. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
3. Power phone down
4. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
5. Select "Recovery" by pressing Volume Down, then press Volume Up to initiate it.
6. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
7. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
8. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded (above), press Power and let it load.
9. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (about 6 minutes)
The whole process, from moving the file into the SD-EXT card to phone rebooted is about 10 minutes. Of that, 3 minutes will be the phone extracting the files (Step 8) and 6 minutes for the install itself (Step 9). A long time to stare at your phone, I admit.
Last edited by aaf709; 05-20-2012 at 03:00 PM.