DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is something wrong with ICS

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by dfcfu342 View Post
    The Xoom wifi (has no affiliations other than Motorola) had ICS the month it was released with blur on it so its clearly not moto that is the problem. The finger pointing should all be at Verizon who are manipulating the releases to push sales of certain phones. There is a fully working ICS leaked for the Razr and Verizon has yet to allow its release.
    If im not mistaken its not so much the sale of phones rather its contracts they care about. You think they'd consider having a wider range of ics phones would land them more contracts both new and upgrades.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums
    Droid BIONIC
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex

If im not mistaken its not so much the sale of phones rather its contracts they care about. You think they'd consider having a wider range of ics phones would land them more contracts both new and upgrades.

But why upgrade the Bionic to ICS and have a cheap lte ICS phone when you can hold it on gingerbread and keep pushing the MAXX for a higher price?

I doubt we'll see ICS until the RAZR and MAXX become free phones.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    [QUOTE=grgguy;2106302]
    The Xoom wifi (has no affiliations other than Motorola) had ICS the month it was released with blur on it so its clearly not moto that is the problem. The finger pointing should all be at Verizon who are manipulating the releases to push sales of certain phones. There is a fully working ICS leaked for the Razr and Verizon has yet to allow its release.[/QUOTE
    Hmm, you sure the Xoom wifi has blur on it? I'm not so sure about that...I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by patmw123; 05-11-2012 at 08:12 PM.
  4. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    But why upgrade the Bionic to ICS and have a cheap lte ICS phone when you can hold it on gingerbread and keep pushing the MAXX for a higher price?

The OG Droid came out with Eclair in Nov 2009. It didn't get Froyo until August 2010. Other phones came out, but it still got Froyo. We can still get ICS, but I'm not chomping at the bit to get it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, DX2, Droid Bionic

+1
    sad but true
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    [QUOTE=patmw123;2106386]
    Quote Originally Posted by grgguy View Post

Hmm, you sure the Xoom wifi has blur on it? I'm not so sure about that...I could be wrong though.
    No there is NO blur on the Xoom at all the Xoom is a pure android Google experience device. The Xoom is as close to pure android as you get.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Motorola Droid 09-11/ Droid Charge 11-2/12/ Galaxy Nexus 12-?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC

I might be wrong, but I believe verizon loses money on the device cost. While I'd guess they probably don't pay full retail, there cost is more than what they charge. Example a new razr with 2 yr contract is 200. But Verizon pays closer to retail price for the phone. They lose initially on the phone cost, but get your business for 2 years. Thats part of the reason breaking contract costs so much, so they can at least make up for the loss when they sold the phone.

My logic is more devices with ICS means more people signing a new or upgraded two year contracts. The Price of razrs have less to do with verizon making money because of how much the razr costs and more with how much more desired a razr is. Its the "hot item" to the majority consumer.

Of course i also think how most people don't know what ICS is or why it matters to them.

This is what happens when stuff like ics for the bionic doesnt happen right away.....i waste my time trying to reverse engineer verizons market strategy.

Droid BIONIC
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex

I might be wrong, but I believe verizon loses money on the device cost. While I'd guess they probably don't pay full retail, there cost is more than what they charge. Example a new razr with 2 yr contract is 200. But Verizon pays closer to retail price for the phone. They lose initially on the phone cost, but get your business for 2 years. Thats part of the reason breaking contract costs so much, so they can at least make up for the loss when they sold the phone.

My logic is more devices with ICS means more people signing a new or upgraded two year contracts. The Price of razrs have less to do with verizon making money because of how much the razr costs and more with how much more desired a razr is. Its the "hot item" to the majority consumer.

Of course i also think how most people don't know what ICS is or why it matters to them.

This is what happens when stuff like ics for the bionic doesnt happen right away.....i waste my time trying to reverse engineer verizons market strategy.

I'm not arguing with anything you said in fact you even backed me up a bit. Verizon has been pushing the RAZR hard through advertising and even just walking in the store they steer you straight to the RAZR. That is their flagship phone. Verizon does lose on every phone they sell but they certainly make it back up in monthly payments.

Back to topic no, nothing is wrong with ICS for Bionic. Its just being held by Big Red for some unknown reason.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Anyone know if at&t is any better with this stuff? This is horrible. Guess ill go install that new ICS theme they posted on the main page. Eclipse 2.2 let's roll.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Perhaps ICS is taking so long because VZW is adding a crapware removal utility which allows you to pay to keep crapware off. Nah, they would never take a cue from the thousands of apps that allow you to pay to get rid of ads....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links