DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In pocket detection!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

In pocket detection!

Why doesn't my in pocket detection work anymore i tried going to settings and turning it off & on but still nothing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4, Droid Bionic
    You'll have to provide more info than that. What isn't working with i t? Have you tried a reboot? Have you recently installed a new ROM? Does the screen still turn off when you get a call & hold the phone to your ear?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    When you put your phone into your pocket in pocket protection supposed to turn of & lock your phone automatically!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MaxxHere
    In pocket detection was great then Verizon ICS removed this feature. Is there a way to get it back?
  6. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wwcnut View Post
    In pocket detection was great then Verizon ICS removed this feature. Is there a way to get it back?
    Good point.

To the OP, are you on .905 or one of the ICS leaks?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Yep it never worked for me on any of the gb builds. Not sure about ics though... I'll look around for it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by BroidDrionic
    Yep it never worked for me on any of the gb builds. Not sure about ics though... I'll look around for it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    It never worked for me, ever.
    Droid BIONIC
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MaxxHere
    In Pocket worked flawlessly for me Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx on GB. Then the upgrade to6.16.211.XT912.verizon.en.US eliminated the function completely. Now I pocket dial and have to remeber to turn the phone off. Aren't intelligent devices supposed to help with things like that. Not sure why they would eliminate a usable feature. In pocket was very dependant on the proximity sensor of the individual phone but worked like a champ on the Razr Maxx.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by wwcnut View Post
    In Pocket worked flawlessly for me Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx on GB. Then the upgrade to6.16.211.XT912.verizon.en.US eliminated the function completely. Now I pocket dial and have to remeber to turn the phone off. Aren't intelligent devices supposed to help with things like that. Not sure why they would eliminate a usable feature. In pocket was very dependant on the proximity sensor of the individual phone but worked like a champ on the Razr Maxx.
    My RAZR maxx and Bionic pocket ANSWER. Meaning the unlock/answer ring doesn't have to be drug over spot on to the answer icon. I can drag or even tap the lower portion of the screen and it will unlock or answer. I've had both phones continuously answer as the phone screens are kept facing my leg and the effect of pulling the phone from my pocket pulls down on this answer icon. I NEVER had this issue on GB. If I could revert back on my RAZR I would. The Nexus doesn't have this issue as although it has the center ring too. It has to be drug exactly over the answer icon or it will not answer. Its not like these Motorola ICS versions were any old direction will do.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Using the Developer / show pointier setting and screen shot. Here is how the Bionic and the Razr both are so easy to unlock and answer just by sliding by the leg while removing from pocket. Notice BOTH screen shots show that the unlock or answer icon doesn't have to be right over the answer or unlock setting to perform the action. NOTE The blue lines and teal color lines represent the fingers path and current hover location.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In pocket detection!-uploadfromtaptalk1345172069218.jpg   In pocket detection!-uploadfromtaptalk1345172079286.png  
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links